refunding overpayment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

refunding overpayment

Hello

On 22 June 2017 a customer paid twice. I refunded him with a cheque of $1200.00 and entered it into MYOB. The cheque was never banked. In March 2020 I replaced the cheque which he subsequently lost again. This month I repaid the customer $1185.00 via eftpos, (less $15.00 stop payment fee).

The original cheque amount is showing in the bank reconciliation and when I click on the arrow next to the amount, it takes me to "Settle Returns and Credits".

I have opened the Sales Register and selected 'Returns and Credits' but the amount is not showing in there.

I also saw another post saying, go to "Process Customer Returns" via Sales but couldnt find this Process Customer Returns.

Can you please tell me what I have to do.

thanks

Lindy

2 REPLIES 2
Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
132 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

132Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

refunding overpayment

Hello

I just sent a post.

In the location it should read AccountRight but I dont seem to be able to change it from Essentials Accounting.

Regards

Lindy

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: refunding overpayment

@Wilfords 

Hi Lindy

I have moved your posts so that they are on the AccountRight board. Generally speaking you would need to reverse that stale cheque as it will never be presented and to create an audit trail. I do recommend checking with your accountant about reversing this cheque as it is from a previous financial year.

These helps articles explain how to deal with customer overpayments and unpresented cheques in AccountRight:

Customer overpayments and double payments 

Settling customer credits 

Stale, stopped, void or lost cheques 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post