Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

supplier card list

Do I need a supplier card for e.g every single petrol station I fill up at, all payments come directly out of business account and not a credit card or expense account, can I have a supplier card that is just for FUEL, ACCOMODATION etc...?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,388 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,388Posts

5,349Kudos

5,795Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: supplier card list

Hi @SGT 

It's totally up to the user and what they would like their records to be. I've seen some users have a supplier called "Cash Purchases" or "One-off Suppliers" and use those cards on those types of transactions. If you are going to use this method, ensuring you have retained a copy of the original physical transaction (uploaded to the In Tray and attached) is recommended for auditing purposes.  Other users would have a supplier card for each supplier and purchase they make.

From a product point of view, a supplier card would be required for all purchase (Purchases>>Enter Purchases) transactions. A supplier card is also required if you use the Spend Money window and have electronic payment ticked. If electronic payment is not ticked then the supplier is not a required field on that Spend Money window - as such, some users record those smaller purchases paid at the time using that window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post