Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

unable to delete credit note or negative invoice

Hi Community

I cannot delete my negative invoices (unattached dated 26.09.2019). I can only reverse it.

I tracked down your post on customer deposits (thank-you) but have tracking deposits unticked, 2-1600 customer deposits is empty, I have no inventory on these transactions and the Sept period is not locked yet. This means I should be able to delete a negative invoice or credit note.

Treating negative sales and credits as a customer deposit is not a good idea for me. It means I cannot port accurately from a 3rd party and use bank feeds. Back to manual reconciliations!

Why do I have this problem, well, its when customerts do not pay the exact amount (slightly over or under). I dont think my A/c junior is up to this.

In terms of security, I have myself entered as the bookkeeper when I upgraded to Account Right. Is there something in security settings perhaps? Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Moderator Melisa_D
580 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

580Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

Re: unable to delete credit note or negative invoice

Hi @Helen_01

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please check to see if you have 'Trasnsactons can't be changed; they must be reversed (system wide) ticked in preferences ?

You can do this by going to Set up > Preferences > Security tab. If this is ticked please untick it and try again to delete the invoice. 

Please let us know how you go with this. We are more than happy to assist.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Helen_01
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

HI Melisa

I can confirm that the transactions cant be changed box in Security preferences is unticked. Sorry I forgot to mention that! Thanks for your help.

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

This solution did not help, I already have transactions cant be changed unticked as otherwise things get too slow.

MYOB Moderator Melisa_D
580 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

580Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Helen_01

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please check to see if there are any transactions assocaited with the negative invoice, you can do this by clicking into the invoice > Click into 'history' > If there are transactions you will need to delete them first before deleting the negative invoice. 

Please let me know how you go with this. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

thanks Melisa

I did check to delete all unnecessary stuff, but it made no difference. I did carry out this function regualarly in MYOB Premier, so wrote in becuase I am puzzled. In MYOB AccountRIght, not everything is working yet as it should but is good in the main.

MYOB Moderator Melisa_D
580 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

580Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Helen_01

Thank you for the update. Are you able to provide me a screenshot of the invoices history ? You can do this by going into the invoice > Selecting history on the bottom right hand corner > A screenshot of the window. 

Can you please verify whether or not you have recently rolled back the file to the previous financial year and rolled it forward ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

I have not rolled the financial year forward or backwards.

Not willing to post screenshots so will declare case closed with a work around, and month reconciled.

But, if it happens again I will repost on the forum.

Brad_D
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Same error and issue with our Premier AR file..   we cannot delete a finance charge that has been applied - we have deleted all  allocations of the credit (that we can) but cannot remove the finance charge.  This is now showing on the Customers card as the correct credit owing to them (on their card file - on balance) but in the Sales register - returns and credits - the double up of the finance charge is showing...   how do we remove this..   each time we try to work back and delete or reverse previous allocations MYOB shuts down..   we will send this error email to MYOB   please advise when this will be fixed in the program and what we can do until then.  Thanks

41 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

41Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Brad-D

I had problems with finding the finance charge years ago in MYOB Premier. Tthere is a really old post somewhere on reversing a finance charge:

Finding and deleting or reversing a finance charge

Answer ID 9101   |    Published 06/06/2006 05:18 PM   |    Updated 16/01/2013 07:50 AM

How do I find and then delete or reverse a finance charge?

If your Receivables Reconciliation report shows an out of balance amount but you are unable to locate the transaction that is causing this, you may have recorded a finance charge transaction. This support note explains how to rectify this situation. If you are using AccountRight 2011 or later, see our support note Finding and deleting or reversing a finance charge in AccountRight 2011 and later.

Note: This information equally applies to Purchases or Trade Creditors.

The following support notes may also be useful:

Receivables reconciliation

Handling overpayments

Reversing customer or supplier deposits

Solution Summary

When a finance charge is charged to a customer, the software records two transactions:

• a Receive Payments receipt, and
  • a corresponding Sales Invoice (the finance charge).

Therefore, to delete a finance charge you must delete both of these transactions. The following tasks are involved in deleting these transactions:

Identify your linked accounts for tracking receivables and tracking late charges

Locate and delete the Receive Payments receipt transaction

Locate and delete the finance charge (sales invoice) transaction

Hope this helps!

Cheers Helena-01

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post