10% Super Guarantee Calculation in MYOB NOT 10% !!!!!!!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

10% Super Guarantee Calculation in MYOB NOT 10% !!!!!!!

Hi MYOB

Something isn't right MYOB - 10% aint 10% - 9.5% is 9.5%

I have put this in another post but this needs its own post MYOB -

10% is calculating around 10.5% plus or minus - and I suspect same error that is happening as per your inventory calcualtions - your decimal places of precision.

However, if I create an additional employee super and make this 5% - it exactly gives 10% perfectly

Put 5% on the super guarantee and I get 0.5% - oops MYOB this is not good at this late juncture.

I am trying to find a figure in super guarantee that will give exactly 10% until you fix!!!!

The Doc

6 REPLIES 6
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Re: 10% Super Guarantee Calculation in MYOB NOT 10% !!!!!!!

Hi MYOB

This is frightening - every time I change the super percentage it comes up with a different value BUT NEVER the percentage set!!!!

I went from 10% to 9.7 - and got close to 10% - about 10.00001 - so I altered the percentage slightly to see if I could get closer and it went to about 7.5 % - so I went to 10% again and it calculated 10.59% - then I went back to 9.7% and it calculated 7.5%

Frightening MYOB - !!!!!!!!

The Doc

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @The_Doc 

Superannuation is calculated on a full month basis and thus to accurately look at the superannuation amount of a particular pay all pays in that month do need to be taken into consideration. This is due to the fact that AccountRight may do an adjustment on a pay to ensure that superannuation is calculated as intended for that full calendar month.

We've happy to look into the superannuation calculation for you, we would need to grab the screenshots of the following information to investigate in more detail:

• The Superannuation information window - Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation>>Select the supernanuation category
  • A list of the exempt categories for that superannuation category (Exempt button in that Superannuation information window).
  • A copy of the Pay Employee window for that employee showing a different superannuation value than expected
  • The pay history for that particular month for that employee - Card File>>Cards Lists>>Employees>>Select the employee's card>>Payroll Details>>Pay History (LEFT-hand side)>>Show pay history for x month (the same as that of the payment date of that pay).

Based on the fact that you did say you created a new category for 5% but it gives you 10% you have a pay history for the month that has the incorrect superannuation amount on it. As a result, the system is doing an adjustment on that pay to give you that full calculation basis for the calendar month.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Hi Steven Thank you for that explanation - it would appear to be logical though complicated. Luckily we have also just had a new employee start this week and had just entered her details - and could therefore check your explanation. And 10% calculating on GROSS is showing exactly 10% - and yes I did run the 1st pay run on the other staff at 9.5% so a change to 10% would supposedly (based on your explanation) work out greater than 10% as a catchup for the month. You gave me a scare MYOB - though I will be watching this most closely to ensure it comes out at 10%. The Doc
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @The_Doc 

Fantastic. Based on that additional information and that employee as an example it does sound like the superannuation is calculating as I would expect. However, do let us know the above information if you want us to look at the superannuation calculations in the file at any stage. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

AFCG
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Mine is calculating at 11.5%

How can I fix this?

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

165Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @AFCG 

You need to read the entire post - it is suggesting that there is a deficit in your super as calculated from 1 Jul and the 11.5 is merely a catchup to bring the super for July for that staff memeber to 10% in total.

This figure will then (should then) jump back to 10% on the next pay cycle - however, I am making assumptions that there is nothing wrong with how your super is setup - but it seems there is nothing wrong with the calculations in the back of MYOB.

The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post