2 Queries with a Salary Sacrifice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wendy2018
Trusted User
77 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

77Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2 Queries with a Salary Sacrifice

Hi all,

Query No. 1 - I have an employee with a salary sacrifice of $500.00 per week. When I click save for his pay I get a message saying this "One or more deduction, super or expense amounts have exceeded their limits. Click ok to save or cancel".

I've looked, but can't work out what this means??

Query No.2

I have to manually enter the salary sacrifice amount every week for this employee as well as the SGC as it doesn't calculate properly.

I have followed the notes on setting up a salary sacifice so I can't work out where I've gone wrong.

Help please!

Thanks

Wendy

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: 2 Queries with a Salary Sacrifice

Hi @Wendy2018 

When you go to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation>>Salary Sacrifice what is the limit set to be? If this is set to be 0% of Gross wages this would explain both of those situations.

A limit will stop the category from calculating higher than what is set. So if you are setting that to 0% it will not auto-calculate higher than that. It will also generate a message to indicate that it is being calculated higher than the limit if you are manually entering a higher value than the limit ( 0 ).

Ideally, that limit would be set to be No Limit (or in some cases the same as the calculation basis). If that limit is set as those and you are still encountering that situation can you provide a screenshot of the Superannuation Information window for that listed payroll category.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Wendy2018
Trusted User
77 Posts
Trusted User
Australia
Trusted User

77Posts

8Kudos

2Solutions

Re: 2 Queries with a Salary Sacrifice

Thank you for your reply Steven, that has now worked.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post