A description must be entered to appear on the payment summary

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Cafmac
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

A description must be entered to appear on the payment summary

Hi,

I am trying to complete payment summaries but when i hit next on the Reportable fringe benefits page i get an error notice "a description must be entered to appear on the payment summary" and will not let me progress. I dont need to enter RFBs. HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Satyam_N
Valued User
316 Posts
Valued User
Australia
Valued User

316Posts

67Kudos

58Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: A description must be entered to appear on the payment summary

Hi @Cafmac

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great source of information.

This error message is referring to there are required description fields not being entered in step 4 - Payment Summary Fields, therefore, please do return to this step, and make sure that a description has been entered for any field (Lump Sum, Allowance, Deductions etc) that have payroll categories linked.  

If this issue persists, please enter a dummy description in all the payment summary fields in step 4, this should allow you to proceed further past the Reportable Fringe Benefits step. You can then go back to Step 4 and remove those dummy descriptions.

Please follow the following steps-

1. Enter a description in every field. If a description already exists in a field clear it out and type it again.
  2. Click next once all descriptions are entered. This should allow you to continue.
  3. Click back and remove unnecessary descriptions.
  4. Continue preparing payment summary. 

I look forward to seeing the results.

Cheers,
Satyam
MYOB Client Support
Cafmac
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you soo much for your help. I have successfully managed to complete my summaries doing as you requested.

Thanks again. :-) 

Cafmac
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so so much, i have successfully completed my payment summaries with your advice.

Thanks again Cath :-)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post