AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kat_E
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption

Hi,

I am currently using AccountRight package. I have recently added in a new payroll category for Overtime Meal Allowance. The allowance has been set up with the ATO Reporting Category of "Allowance - Meals", Type of Wages is "Hourly", Pay Rate is "Fixed Hourly Rate of:" with the required $ figure.

I have noticed that this payroll category is accruing entitlements so have opened the Entitlement Exemptions window against the Leave Entitlement to select the allowance. Once I've selected it and try to save the entitlements window I get the following error: "EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNotHourlyWages".

This is the first time I have run into this error.  I have tried to change the ATO category to Gross Payments, I have shut down and restarted MYOB, I have changed the Type of Wages from hourly to salary and back again. I'm not sure where to go from here to fix this issue. Can you please advise how to fix this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption

Hi @Kat_E 

Think you have the right idea with updating those exempt categories of the entitlement category.  However, you indicated that you encountered that EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNotHourlyWages message. To get around that message you want to complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Entitlements
  2. Choose the desired leave category that needs updating
  3. Take note of the current calculation basis including the percentage or set value
  4. Update the calculation basis to the other option i.e. if currently on Equals x% of x, change to be Equals x hours per. You may encounter a message indicating relating to that change select Ok to that message
  5. Select OK
  6. Go back into the Entitlement Information window, update the calculation basis back
  7. Ensure that the percentage or value is set correctly for the calculation basis
  8. Update the Exempt category list if required
  9. Select OK.

The above process resets that Entitlements calculation method and thus should allow for those changes such as updating the exempt category list to be completed.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Kat_E
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption

Hi Steven,

Just gave that a try and worked perfectly!

Thanks for your help, I was dreading having to manually change the entitlements as a last resort.

MOTIVATED
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

48Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption MYOB Essentials with payroll

Hi Using Myob Essentials and getting same error 

An unrecognised error occurred - EntitlementPayrollCategory_ExemptionsNotHourlyWages

I have exempted payroll categories but when click Save I get the error for both Personal and annual entitlements .

The process/layout of setup is different to your above explained.

Only getting error when select Salary items for exclusion

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: AR Payroll Category Error - Entitlement Exemption MYOB Essentials with payroll

Hi @MOTIVATED 

With your MYOB Essentials,  you want to complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Pay items>>Leave tab
  2. Select the desired leave pay item
  3. Set the Calculation basis to be Equals hours per pay period
  4. Set the Calculation basis to be Equals a percentage of wages
  5. Select Save
  6. Go back into the leave pay item and update to the desired percentage.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post