ARL 2020 - Payslips YTD entitlements accruals dont agree with MYOB entitlements cards

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ARL 2020 - Payslips YTD entitlements accruals dont agree with MYOB entitlements cards

I noticed that around the time I did the latest update, staff have been reporting payslip problems.

For staff with RDO and Long service leave, the payslip does not match their report in MYOB.

It as if their RDO;s and LSL have been reset to zero and then started accruing again.

Loosing 329 hours is no joke. 5 staff affected that I can see so far.

My theory is that the first lot of LSL was not accrued (many staff qualify for portable leave schemes) and so I did VOID Payruns last year to record the 329 hours (yes, that is still visible in MYOB). The VOID Payslips fo r329 hours happily showed up on staff payslips for at least 3 months before suddenly disappearing. in March 2020. In MArch 2020, I also updated MYOB and... I started LSL accruals for those staff so they could work towards their next lot of LSL (and to put accruals on the balance sheet). This had the affect of wiping the 329 hours accruals on thier payslips (but not in MYOB cards) and only showing LSL accrued over the last few weeks..

So , on the 04/03/2020, all the staff were showing their 329 hrs accrued LSL from VOID pays, and on the 11/03/2020 the 329 hrs had disappeared but the LSL's were now accruing on a weekly basis as I had switched on the weekly accruals.

My questions are:

1. Why do the payslips not show all of the LSL accrued, like it does in the entitlements reports in MYOB
  2. Should I just stop the new LSL accruals so that at least the 329 hours show up on the payslip ( and then maybe do a yearly adjustment VOID transaction for all staff for new LSL accruals)
  3. Is it wise to mix up the new LSL accrual with the old for QLD law which is quite stringent. Should I do do 2 separate accruals to keep better track?

Please advise. I will need to prviate message payslips and entitlement reports if you want more detail..or go to team viewer with MYOB support.

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: ARL 2020 - Payslips YTD entitlements accruals dont agree with MYOB entitlements cards

Hi @Helen_01 

We did identify an issue in 2020.1 where payslips were displaying the YTD entitlement balances instead of the Total from the employee's cards. This is a payslip display issue only which is why the employee cards and entitlement reports show the correct balances.

Our developers have been working on a fix to resolve this issue. If your company file is online, this fix will be deployed in the next couple of days and you don't need to do anything. If your file is offline, the fix is included in the 2020.2 release. 

This post has more information on this issue: YTD amounts on payslips 2020.1. As there is now a fix, it's up to you whether you use the workaround to correct the payslips or wait for the fix to be deployed. If your file is online it may be worthwhile waiting. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Re: ARL 2020 - Payslips YTD entitlements accruals dont agree with MYOB entitlements cards

Hi Tracey

A really clear post with good work-around notes.

I did one manual work-around, and will leave the rest for the update.

Is it possible to get emailed when this update occurs as I will have to check the fix I did does not double -dip.

Many thanks helena

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Helen_01 

If your file is online, that fix was deployed last night so the issue should be resolved.

As long as the entitlements are correct in the employee card you shouldn't have any problems with the fix that you have done. The issue was only causing payslips to display the data from the Year-to Date column in the employee card, instead of the Total column. So the fix has made the payslips display the Total column again.

Please do let me know if you need further help

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Tracey

I have gone back to check and all payslips with accrued RDO's etc. have corrected themselves except one with LSL.

For this staff-member, I have 88.50 hours available on the payslip (this number is correct) but  -63.50 hours on the card balance.

So, I have 152 hours difference.

How do I go about correcting the card balance without changing payslip.

I cannot go back in history as this was a porting problem in Sept 2019 when I changed from Premier to ARL.

Please advise.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Helen_01 

So that I can look into this for you can you please provide the following screenshots by private message:

• Entitlement balance summary and detail reports as at current date
  • card balance as at current date
  • most recent payslip and pay advice

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search