ARL STP payroll reversal from clearing funds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ARL STP payroll reversal from clearing funds

Hi team

To revise,   a recent change to ARL is that pays should not be deleted they must be reversed as they report to the ATO through STP.  Got it.

But, if I reverse a faulty pay (before the bank run), the pay goes to cash not electronic funds. Worse, the updated pay is now for less $ due to a new contract, so there is no matching in electronic funds.

So, I did the unthinkable and went to find transactions and deleted the incorrect pay out of electronic funds ( I know, should not have done it).

I can now see my way to report the correct pay, but how does all this affect STP reporting? Previously in October, these errors all worked out through a cumulative STP totalling process. How has it changed now?

Many thanks for your input.

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: ARL STP payroll reversal from clearing funds

Hi @Helen_01 

The way pay runs are reported through STP reporting hasn't changed. Therefore, as long as the year to date (YTD) information being reported to the ATO is correct, it should be fine. This can be verified by running the YTD verification report in the Payroll Reporting center.  Therefore, if you have reversed the incorrect pay but reprocessed with correct figures, it should be okay. 

If the figures in the YTD report are incorrect, then we would need to investigate further what's going on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

16Kudos

6Solutions

Re: ARL STP payroll reversal from clearing funds

Hi Komal

I am unable to revese faulty pays so am just deleting and reprocessing. 

You did point out that the ATO STP reporting is year to date cumulative, thanks for that.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post