Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Aba pay file - too many transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
JillianSimmos
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
JillianSimmos
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Aba pay file - too many transactions

This subject was posted last year and is marked as solved but there is still a limit on how many transactions can be done at once.

My bank doesn't have a limit on transactions and I have more than forty employees (MYOB actually allowed me to pay 42, but I have 48 on the pay run)

Can MYOB make the transaction limit optional?

It is inconvenient to do two transactions for one pay run....

3 REPLIES 3
Partner Julie_A_C
3,168 Posts
Partner
Australia
Julie_A_C
Partner

3168Posts

812Kudos

491Solutions

Re: Aba pay file - too many transactions

What version of MYOB are you using?

Even if it is MYOB restricting you with the number of transactions per ABA file and not the bank, is there really a problem uploading two ABA files?

It just takes a few more seconds to create two files and you name one wages 1 and the other wages 2.

Bit of a pain, but that is really all it is.

If it is MYOB causing the restriction on the number of payments included in an ABA file, I would advise you to make it a suggestion, so it can be implemented to remove the restriction and make it unlimited as to how many payments can be included.

You may also need to check your payment limit with the bank site, as it may not be a matter of how many payments are included, but more a matter of going over the $ limit.

I have one client with a daily limit of $50,000 and if I upload future payments first it eats into my daily limit for some reason, so I alwayshave to do the immediate payment first, then I can do future payments, even though it goes over the daily limit.

Stupid, but that is way it is, and I just have to use 'work-arounds'!

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Contributing Cover User kellyw6324
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
kellyw6324
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I also am having this problem and have spoken to the help desk who were not able to offer much in the way of an explanation or a solution.

I too have had to resort to creating multiple bank files ( currently 3 batches but next pay roll will be 4). This really is inconvenient and I can see potential for issues to occur with duplicate pay files been uploaded to the bank in error.

Surely the programmers at MYOB can find a soluation for this problem. I use a number of accounting programs and have not seen this issue with any other program, so somethign needs to be done for MYOB customers.

Partner Teep
9 Posts
Partner
Australia
Teep
Partner

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No it's not that difficult to create more than one ABA file - but it is unnecessary and as someone said - creates possibilities for errors.

It also looks bad.  I have one client with 52 staff, he was on an external payroll system and I recommended he bring his payroll into Myob - where his bookkeeping is run.

Now, instead of one ABA file, I need to send him two.  He needs to upload 2.  What a waste of time.  Doesn't make Myob look the better option does it?

With regards to daily limits - that's up to us and the client to monitor - nothing to do with the number of line items on an ABA file.

Cheers

Tania

Always learning!
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post