Accidentally deleted payroll entry from last Financial Year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accidentally deleted payroll entry from last Financial Year

Hi all,

I have accidentally deleted a payroll entry of year 2017. And MYOB didnot allow me enter it back.

I did do the manual record journal entry. It worked for the balance but it did not work for the Payroll Actitivy Summary as that journal entry did not linked to the that employee. And his summary in MYOB is different from the actutal payment.

How can I fix this payroll summary of that employee?

Thank you.

Piper

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
2,581 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,581Posts

2,354Kudos

563Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Accidentally deleted payroll entry from last Financial Year

@DarraMeats

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

With Payroll once you have rolled over a year the ONLY way to fix up any errors in a previous year is to restore a backup onto your desktop and enter the correct into that year.

For a 2017 pay you will need to go back and find your backup from when you processed the Payment Summaries in June or July 2017 and restore that backup.

I would get rid of the journal you did and just do the correct entry in the 2017 year.

NOTE as this is a restored file just do the correction and run the Payment Summary again then back it up again before closing the file and then get rid of it so you don't confuse it with your current file.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post