Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account Right 2020.2.2 - Tax tables not downloading

Hi there

I have 2 data files (online).  One has automatically downloaded the 20/21 tax tables, the other one I get a message saying I am not connected to the internet and I need to use outdated tax tables.  As the datafile is being accessed online I am obviously connected to the internet.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled MYOB, phoned the help desk on three occasions and have not yet been able to solve the issue.  

Grateful for any help!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Re: Account Right 2020.2.2 - Tax tables not downloading

Hello @CSPR 

I have not heard of this happening for one file and not the other but I am happy to investigate this for you. On the file that is not appearing to update the tax tables, please go to Payrol l>> Process Payroll, ensure that the payment date is in this payroll year, i.e. 01/07/2020 or later, then click next. Do you see a Tax Table Revision Date on the right hand side, as per the screenshot below? 

Attachment.PNG

Or is this where the error message appears for you? Please let me know at what point you do get that error message, as well as what it says in its entirety (if you have a screenshot of it to attach, that would be great). Lastly, and this may sound obvious but I just want to check - do ensure that your internet connection has not been dropping out when attempting to use the other file. That said, let me know about the above points and I will continue to look into this for you.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily Thanks for looking into this. 1. I am definitely connected to the Internet. 2. I get the message when I click on Next in the opening payroll processing screen - Screenshot attached. 3. When I click on "continue with outdated tax tables" I can see the tax revision date is 1/7/2019. Screenshot attached. Appreciate any advice or help you can provide. We have a number of casuals who have HELP/HECS debts and I need to ensure their tax is recorded correctly. Thanks, Cathy
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Hello @CSPR 

Unfortunately I don't see any screenshots attached to your previous post, could you try again (Click Photos >> Upload or Choose Files, or drag and drop and ensure the attachments are listed below your message content). 

In the meantime, please go into Setup >> Company Information. What does your Current Financial Year state? And in Setup >> General Payroll Information, what does the Tax Table Revision Date say there? If your Current Financial Year is not showing accurately, you want to make sure you close the financial year. If you do go through that process see if the Tax Tables update. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Both data files are showing the same FY, but the tax tables in one are for 1/7/2020 and the other 1/7/2019.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Hello @CSPR 

Thank you for confirming. Could you please give the following steps a try, ensuring you backup both company files before proceeding. 

1. Uninstall AccountRight.
    • Access the list of programs that are installed on your computer.

- If you use Windows 8 or 10: Right click in the screen's bottom-left corner and choose Programs and Features. 
      - If you use Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button and Choose Control Panel and then Programs and Features.
    • Click the AccountRight software you want to uninstall then click Uninstall. In some Windows versions this may appear as Change/Uninstall.

• Click through any confirmation windows, and click Yes to wanting to completely remove the selected application and all of its components.

2. Delete the 2020.2 folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight
    • Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer (or File Explorer).
    • In the address bar (at the top of the window) type %localappdata% and press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Double-click to open the MYOB folder.
    • Double-click to open the AccountRight folder.
    • Right-click the 2020.2  folder and choose Delete then click Yes to confirm.

3. Reinstall AccountRight by double-clicking the downloaded installation file.

4. Try doing the payrun again and let me know if you still get the same error with the tax tables. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily

I followed the instructions but still get the same message..Screen shot attached.

Any other ideas?

I appreciate you taking the time out to try and help!

Cathy

Capture.PNG
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Hello @CSPR 

Thank you for trying those steps and supplying the screenshot - I'm sorry that didn't work. Currently there is another user on the forum who has posted with a similar issue. He too followed the above steps to no avail, however he noted the following:

There's one thing I want to mention is when I tried to uninstall at the begining, I noticed there're many old versions of MYOB AR left on the system as shown in the attachement, do you think I should remove them to fix the payroll issue?

Capture.JPG

This user was advised to go ahead and try deleting those old versions. I'm not sure if you noticed anything similar when you tried the uninstall? I am going to see how it goes for the other user with deleting those files and if he has success, I'll let you know. Otherwise, please note this is something that is being actively looked into and we do appreciate your patience in trying some troubleshooting steps to sort it out.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Emily - I followed all the steps on uninstalling as per the post, but still have the same message.  Any other ideas?

Cathy

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,039 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,039Posts

81Kudos

135Solutions

Hi @CSPR 

Thank you for trying that and for your patience in working with me as we investigate this. I've spoken with another team and it was suggested that because the tax tables in AccountRight 2020.2 are downloaded from online (a new processes to how it was done on previous versions of AR), there could be an antivirus software in your system that is blocking this download from happening.

I admit that would be odd since you do have two company files and one of them has downloaded fine, but as another course of action could you please check what antivirus and firewall software you have on your PC and disable it for the short term, close AR and log back in and see if the tax tables load now? 

If you are still seeing that message about the old tax tables, it would point us in the direction of a corruption in that particular file that is preventing the tax tables from being stored properly. So if you receive the message again, please go ahead and download the error log (instructions here) and send that, plus the Serial Number and the Company File ID in question to me in a private message, and we will have your file sent in to be looked at. Please click this link to send me a private message. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post