Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Account right incorrectly calculating superannuation.

Experienced User Audible
11 Posts
Experienced User
Audible
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Account right incorrectly calculating superannuation.

I have an ongoing problem with Account right incorrectly calculating superannuation for all employee's. 

To date, I have been in contact with support, on one occasion, support used Teamspeak to log into my computer to check all of my payroll/employee settings where correct. 

I have also checked the employee's payroll history to see if Account right is calculating from monthly figures, as per this thread;

https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Staffing-and/Superannuation-Guarantee-calculating-incorre...

I initially encountered this problem in late April, processing a weeks payroll for all employee's with incorrect figures, which was exactly double (19%). Nothing had changed with our settings, no changes, pay rises, just an ordinary pay week I've done since upgrading to account right in 2017.

I adjusted the figures in early may and double/triple checked all employee's super is correct within 2-3 cents for the entire financial year according to account right reports and payroll STP payment summary.

After reading the above solution, I expected account right would sort itself out in June, but I have had to manually enter/override every super for every employee for every pay week in June.

Payroll history for every employee in June is within a couple of cents, yet account right keeps on calculating all sorts of figures for employee's, from six cents, to nearly $400 per week on another, and it varies. If I cancel the pay run and restart it, account right calculates a different figure again.

It does on rare occasion, calculate the correct figure. 

So is there any way to get account right to calculate superannuation correctly in the future? Or do I have to constantly enter the correct figure each and every week from now on?

9 REPLIES 9
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,327 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2327Posts

2140Kudos

508Solutions

Re: Account right incorrectly calculating superannuation.

@Audible 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Without actually being able to see payruns where these erors are occuring it is very hard to say why they are occuring.

Just want to check that you fully understand how the threshold works when calculating Super G'tee.

No super is calculated until after the threshold is reached - this could be longer than one week.

Once the threshold is reached then the first pay after it is reached super is calcu;ated on all monthly earning up to that date.

Then on the next payrun it will just be on what is earned in that pay run.

Then at the beginning of the next month ir satrts all over again.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Highlighted
Experienced User Audible
11 Posts
Experienced User
Audible
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Something I should have added is that the problem is intermittent. 

For example, I start a payroll, paying an employee $1000 for a week and myob calculates super at $300.

If I cancel the payrun and start another pay run, myob sometimes calculates a different amount. 

The amounts it calculates varies wildly. I've seen figures as low as $0.06 for a weeks pay, up to $400 for a week. 

Each week, I just check and adjust each employee's super, or I cancel the pay run and restart it and see if MYOB does the calculation correctly. 

Experienced User Audible
11 Posts
Experienced User
Audible
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

An update on this on going problem.

I have now rolled over our Account right payroll year and processed the very first pay week for all employee's for 2019/20, 5 employee's in total.

Account right calculated the super correctly on 3 employee's. I had to override the super on two employee's. 

One employee account right doubled the super payable and for the other employee it added about 80% extra super.

I've then tried to process week two payroll for all employee's, I didn't process it, but account right was correct on 4 employee's but incorrect on the fifth, being one of the employee's it was incorrect in week 1, but the error amount was different. 

At this point, it's looking like a software bug or glitch. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,398 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11398Posts

1303Kudos

1606Solutions

Hi @Audible 

When AccountRight calculates the superannuation figure on a pay, it is taking into account monthly information as well as what is included on the pay. In terms of the calculation the system is trying to balance the figure for eligible monthly wages and the monthly superannuation figure.

You can verify the eligible monthly wages by first checking the Exempt list on the superannuation payroll category. This will tell you what wage categories have been exempted from the superannuation calculation. Once you know this you can check the amounts that have gone against that employee by going to the Pay History on their card.

The calculation AccountRight uses is all of the monthly eligible wages + any eligible wages on the pay to work out the total monthly amount. The superannuation percentage is taken off this total amount and compared to the monthly amount of superannuation earned by this employee. If the percentage of the monthly amount is higher than the amount of superannuation earned so far then the difference will be included as part of the pay.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Audible
11 Posts
Experienced User
Audible
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Would that be the case for the very first pay week of a new financial year? 

I would not think that Account right should be taking into account monthly information from a previous financial year. 

Why would it be trying to balance the monthly figures on the very first pay of the month and why is it wrong, and why is it doing it for just one or two employee's and not all of them.

To give you an example of what Account right is getting so wrong. If for example an employee is paid $1,000 in the very first week of a financial year. The superannuation rate is set at 9.5%. I've been thru the settings, they haven't changed since setting up account right in 2017, Tech support have gone thru the settings via Teamspeak. 

Yet, on the very first pay for an employee, account wrong is calculating $180.40 superannuation per $1000 gross pay. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,398 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11398Posts

1303Kudos

1606Solutions

HI @Audible 

If you were seeing incorrect figures calculating for the first pay in a new month, you would need to check the Pay History for the month in question.

As mentioned AccountRight uses the figures in the Pay History for the employee when calculating the superannuation figure on a pay, so if for some reason a figure had been entered into the superannuation amount for an employee it would show here and impact the calculation of superannuation of that employee’s payslip.

The other possibility is if multiple wages are being used that one or more of those wage categories have been incorrectly marked as exempt in the superannuation calculation. So if for example the gross pay was made up of two wage categories, $750 and $250, but the $250 had been marked as exempt then the superannuation calculation will look to the $750 of eligible wages and calculate off that not the $1000 on the pay

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced User Audible
11 Posts
Experienced User
Audible
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Are you not understanding my posts?

Ok then, I've checked the pay history of all 5 employee's for July 2019. The figures are correct but only because I entered the correct super figures when I did the first pay run. 

So for example, If I paid $1,000 to all 5 employee's, they all have $95 paid under "employer expenses"/"superannuation guarantee".

So when I tried to process the second week's pay for the above employee, it calculated week 2 @ $180 approx super instead of $95.00 for one employee. The other 4 employee's it calculated correctly. I didn't process that pay run at the time, that's when I decided to post this thread seeking help with the issue. 

I have now processed week two pays and account right calculated all 5 pays correctly, this time. 

As for the wages catagory, I have all 5 employee's set to "salary", with a figure in the "annual salary" and the hourly rate is greyed out. Pay frequency are all set to weekly. A couple of employee's are part time with different hours in weekly pay period. Account right has gotten one of these employee's incorrect more than once, but the other one it has never gotten wrong, yet.

The only out of the ordinary thing that I do when processing a pay run is that I have to change the assett account payment mfrom for every employee. 

I can't remember exactly whynow , but I have this payroll account linked to electronic payments while our primary assett account is linked to everything else, cheque payments, customer receipts, paying bills, supplier deposits. 

I had to create this assett account just so I could seperate the payroll payments from the normal assett account, though the reason why I had to do that now is a bit vague.

Experienced User Audible
11 Posts
Experienced User
Audible
Experienced User

11Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Just processed week three pays for 2019/20.

4 correct, one incorrect. The incorrect pay, Account right calculated the superannuation to be paid as $0.00. Pretty sure that can't be correct.

Once again, I checked the figures in account right cards/employee/payroll details/pay history. The figures are correct for all employee's but off course, only because I've been manually correcting the figures each pay run.

I have made a change to our account right this week, I've change invoice/order e-mailing from cloud to our own Outlook to try to solve the problem with cloud not sending all e-mails. 

Thinking about the history of this bug going back to April sometime, I don't recall the error occuring on one of the 5 employee's ever.  

I might start a spreadsheet and record each weeks right/wrong account right super calculations and see if there is some pattern to the errors, or if it's just random. 

sambo78
1 Post
User
sambo78

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi 

We are having exactly the same problem as you so I am hoping somehow we will find a solution!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post