AccountRight Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

235Kudos

162Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight Payroll

Hi Folks

3 things

1. When I run a payroll run - unlike Premier Classic the memo for each staff member is not saved - i.e. it reverts to something default - this is painful as I use this memo line to show accumulated leave for each staff member - and as per Premier Classic would update this fortnightly - but it does not save.

2. With STP now it is important that you cannot easily change things as prior you delete a payslip and rerun this - but once you have sent the information to the ATO then changing is painful - however, there is nothing stopping you doing a negative payslip - which I did - I had overpaid the staff member and overtaxed - so I ran a negative net payslip and added tax back - so that the enet effect (which is all the ATO is interested in) was correct - STP ran fine - However, what didn't run was the negative payslip didn't show up in Print/Email the payslip - I had to print it to PDF and attach it to an email. With STP a negative payslip is an excellent way of correcting things.

3. In Premier Classic you could print everyones payslip on a single form by ticking all staff's payslip for printing and printing (also this was an excellent way of clearing unprinted backlogged payslips - tick them all - print to pdf - select print then cancel - back log cleared.

You cannot do this anymore - it seems (unless there is a way) - each payslip printed - asks for a name of the file to save.

The Doc

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: AccountRight Payroll

Hi @The_Doc 

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

In AccountRight 20xx the memo displayed is the information entered in the employee card in Payroll History>>Standard Pay tab. This doesn't automatically save if you change the information when recording a pay.

As I'm sure you're aware, STP reports the YTD amounts to the ATO so you can still delete and re-process an incorrect pay. When you send the STP report for the correction pay the YTD amounts are automatically updated with the ATO. Negative payslips won't appear in the Print/Email Payslips window. Another option, besides your workaround, is to print the Payroll Advice from Reports>>Payroll.

As for the printing in bulk, you're right that it does ask for a name for each file, I don't have a workaround for this one sorry. Another workaround to clear old unprinted payslips is to turn the printer off, tick the payslips to print and then delete them from the print queue before turning the printer back on.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

235Kudos

162Solutions

Hi Tracey

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the memo - what seems to be weird is that I never configured the standard memo in the individual payrolls and that initially it seemed to save once/twice and then stopped.

Whilst I will take your word for how it functions - in Premier Classic 19.16 this memo saved between payrolls and was an extraordianry useful feature - can you please suggest to development that this is a selectable feature!.

Regarding bulk printouts - again a very useful, get out of jail feature of Premier Classic 19.16 - was the ability to save payslips in bulk or print to 1 pdf file - again could you suggest to development that this be added as a selectable feature in preferences.

The Doc

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @The_Doc 

Thanks for your feedback, I will definitely pass it on to the developers. 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post