Partner Zone
Partner Zone

AccountRight STP > How to adjust SG that was doubled and sent & accepted by ATO.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User ctcbd
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
ctcbd
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight STP > How to adjust SG that was doubled and sent & accepted by ATO.

Hi there,

RE: AccountRight STP > How to adjust SG that was doubled and sent & accepted by ATO. 

My company uses AccountRight 2019.2 and STP. We record Payroll weekly. But there is one week that the Payroll was doubled record for one employee and it was sent to and accepted by the ATO.

I know that to adjust the gross salary and PAYG withholding tax is to recorded negative amounts and sent to the ATO but the SG is calculated automatically by the software and I cannot overwrite it (as I want to record negative amounts of SG, Super Payable & Super Expense, in order to adjust them in the ATO STP)

I urgently need advice on how to adjust SG. Please kindly advise.

Thank you & regards,

SD

7 REPLIES 7
Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,037 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1037Posts

840Kudos

189Solutions

Re: AccountRight STP > How to adjust SG that was doubled and sent & accepted by ATO.

Hi @ctcbd 

If I understand correctly a Pay has been processed twice for one employee? Have you tried deleting the incorrect pay, then doing a $0 pay to update STP amounts?

Let me know how you go

Tracey

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
ctcbd
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: AccountRight STP > How to adjust SG that was doubled and sent & accepted by ATO.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your advice.

I did delete one Payroll transaction in my company file but it did not updated in the ATO STP.

I am going to record an adjustment trx and submit to the ATO by - gross payment and - PAYG withholding tax, but I don't know how to adjust the SG payable and SG expense as the Payroll module does not allow me to type the SG amounts manually.

Hope you understand what I mean!

Thank you & regards,

SD

1,037 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1037Posts

840Kudos

189Solutions

Hi @ctcbd 

Before you do anything, have you tried doing a $0 pay to update the STP reports.

Cheers

Tracey

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
ctcbd
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

How to do the $0 pay? Could you give example please?

Thanks heap!

SD

1,037 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1037Posts

840Kudos

189Solutions

Hi @ctcbd 

When you make a Payroll mistake, you just need to correct the mistake in MYOB, in your case delete the extra pay. If it wasn’t the end of FY, you wouldn’t need to do anything else. STP would be updated the next time you processed and declared a payrun.

If you want to push the correction through to STP, like now when there’s no more payruns for the year, you do a $0 pay -

Process a pay for this employee but remove all hours and amounts, everything has to be zero. Record the pay and click ok when you get the warning that it will be a void cheque. Record and declare. 

STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report, each report overrides the previous one. So if MYOB is correct you just need push those figures through to the ATO.

Let me know how you go

Tracey

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
ctcbd
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Ok, I get it now. Thanks heap. Very appreciate your advice.

Regards,

SD

1,037 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1037Posts

840Kudos

189Solutions

You’re very welcome @ctcbd 😊

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post