Accountright Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SteveGreenbush
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accountright Payroll

Hi,

I have an issue that hopefully someone can help with. I want to create a new user profile for a payrol data entry clerk. My issue is that I dont want to allow the new user to see or pay the salaried staff personnel. I have 115 people on the payroll, of which 14 are salaried staff personnel, the rest are paid hourly. Is there a way to make the staff salaried personnel invisible to the new user. The salaried staff personnel will need to be paid in a seperate pay run by another user.

Thanks in anticipation of someones help.

Regards,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,107Kudos

903Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Accountright Payroll

Hi @SteveGreenbush 

In Short: You are unable to do this.

In a longer answer: The User Access in AccountRight typically works on an all or nothing basis to the general sense. IE: You either have access to the Payroll window or you don't, and it does not dig deeper into the exact data you cannot see such as Hourly or Salary Employees. You'll find this is the same if you wish to not show reports to these employees as it will either disallow them access to the section of the Reporting Index or give them access to all the reports in that section.

With that said, the only thing I can think of as something to ensure this is being adhered to is auditing the data entered by that User using the Journal Security Audit report. You can use the Additional Filters on the report to filter it by a selected User and change the dates of when they signed in and their transaction date range.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

SteveGreenbush
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright Payroll

Thanks Hayden,

Great advice, I basically now need to decide if I am comfortable with the proposed user being privy to what the salaried personnel are earning. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Regards,

Steve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post