Accountright Super is linked to Other Payroll Expenses - where do I find the setup?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DebM2
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Accountright Super is linked to Other Payroll Expenses - where do I find the setup?

Hi

I'm helping a friend fix his MYOB accountright. One thing I can't sort out is the linking account for Super.  It shows as Super on the payslip and in the reports, but in the P&L it's Other Payroll Expenses.  He has an expense set up for Super but it's not linked, I think the figures are imported expenses.

Just for laughs (and because my family don't get why I'm furious) - he asked me to look at it because after an import from Quick books and a lousy setup by a paid Bookkeeper, his bank account has $550,000 extra and he can't work out how to pay his Super.  I've cleaned up lots of duplicate expense accounts, removed BAS payments from expenses (sometimes with GST incl in the payment!) , setup rules for super, GST coding and bank statements (he didn't understand they import automatically) and am trying to get to a point where we can start reconciling from Jul 2018 - the file has NEVER been reconciled (I will be having words with his Accountant as well). Once I have it tided up I'll pass it over to MY bookkeeper!  Though I'm making him a deal that if I can get more than $1000 improvement on his 2018 tax he owes me dinner (pretty sure it's going to be lots more).

Thanks

Deb

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Accountright Super is linked to Other Payroll Expenses - where do I find the setup?

Hi @DebM2 

Thanks for your post.  You can check and change the linked accounts for super by going into Payroll Categories>>Superannuation tab>>open Superannuation Guarantee category. To make super payments he's got two options, pay directly from AccountRight using Pay Super or through Pay Liabilities.

I'll give you the links to some help articles which will help -

Set up a superannuation category 

Make superannuation payments 

Paying payroll liabilities 

Please let me know if you need further help. Enjoy your dinner and make sure you get dessert too!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DebM2
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Accountright Super is linked to Other Payroll Expenses - where do I find the setup?

Sorry, I went to apply your solution and realised it is MYOB Essentials.  Do you have the same info for Essentials?

Thanks

Deb

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@DebM2 

Hi Deb

Here is that info for Essentials:

Checking and adjusting super 

Paying super 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DebM2
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry but that still doesn't fix my problem.  It's not super itself that is the problem, it's the linked account.  Where do I find the "Payroll Linked Accounts" screen that I use in AccountRight?

Deb 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @DebM2 

Essentials works differently than AccountRight in that the expense accounts for super and wages are automatically linked and can't be changed. You can see these accounts by clicking on the business name and selecting Accounts List.  I suspect that the name has been changed for the linked super expense account to Other Payroll Expenses and another superannuation expense account was created. You can tell which are the linked accounts by the padlock symbols.

link.PNG

If you are wanting to use a different expense account you would need to record general journals.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post