Added PAYG to gross wages instead of deducting - how to fix it

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Llewellyn
Partner
61 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

61Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Added PAYG to gross wages instead of deducting - how to fix it

Hi

I was paying out someones unused Annual Leave and added the PAYG to his gross pay instead of deducting it, so he was paid more than he should have been (equal to gross plus PAYG). He has repaid the difference (twice the amount of the applicable PAYG) so overall he has received the correct amount.

I can't delete and redo the original payroll entry because the payment to him has been reconciled in the bank account and any adjustments need to be done through payroll so that the correct totals get reported to the ATO via STP. Can I do a payroll entry and pay him no gross amount but deduct the amount of the PAYG so that there is a negative payment? Then I could match that amount agianst his deposit in the bank account. Or is there a better way to fix it while still reporting the correct amounts to the ATO. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Llewellyn
Partner
61 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

61Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Added PAYG to gross wages instead of deducting - how to fix it

Hi

Is anyone able to help me with this please?

Thanks.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Llewellyn 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. You could record a negative pay to correct the YTD amount and reconcile with the reimbursement. This help article explains how to process this: Payroll overpayments and underpayments

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Llewellyn
Partner
61 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

61Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Tracey, I processed a transaction as I had suggested and it worked and evrything now balances correctly.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post