MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Adding payroll category during Process Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User hankthetank
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
hankthetank
Contributing Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Adding payroll category during Process Payroll

AccountRight Plus AU v2014.4.16.7861

Hi,

During a pay run, I open an employee's pay and I click on the 'Add Payroll Category' button to (temporarily) add a payroll category to this pay run.  The category is added and I can then add pay details to it.  However, when I click OK to save the employee's pay, I get a dialog box with the error 'EmployeePaymentTemplateHourlyWagesLine_EntitlementsPayrollCategoryMissing'

See attached screen cap.

To get around this, I have to finish the pay run, go into the Employee's card and add the category to their regular pay card (in Wages tab of Employee card) then start another pay run just for them.  Very frustrating and inconvenient.

I should add that this only appears to occur when I add a payroll category which is linked to an entitlement category.

Help please!

pay_ermployee.gif
3 REPLIES 3
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Adding payroll category during Process Payroll

Hi there @hankthetank,

The error you have encountered is a known issue that only seems to occur in the event where an entitlement payroll category is added during the processing of a payrun.

Obviously, we do understand how frustrating it would be to have to go into the employee's card file and add it from there manually before running the pay run for the relevant employees.

There is a workaround available that may serve as a temporary solution for you where clicking into the arrow next to the wage category on the Pay Employee window to bring up the leave information, then pressing OK allows for you to then enter in an amount against the category and successfully process the pay without an error occuring. Hopefully, this is a viable alternative until this issue is addressed in future releases of AccountRight.

Please do let us know how you go, or if you have any other queries.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User hankthetank
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
hankthetank
Contributing Cover User

24Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Tallie.

Have checked this and can confirm that it works ok, so will use this method until a fix is released.

Appreciate the quick reply and your understanding of the issue.

Cheers!

Matt

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Tallie_M
Former Staff

4461Posts

301Kudos

698Solutions

Hi there @hankthetank,

Great to hear you're happy with the workaround provided.

Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused - thankfully, the product development team is aware of this particular error, and a fix will hopefully be provided in a future release of the program soon. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Please feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post