Additional Annual Leave entiltlement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
plewis
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Additional Annual Leave entiltlement

I have an employee , who negotiated and additional 6 weeks of paid parental leave into there contract  (above what the legislation provides for) , I'm looking for advise on how to set this up firstly in her entitlements and then in the payrun .  Does it just get put through as annual leave ? and I need to adjust her entitlement balance for the year ?

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Additional Annual Leave entiltlement

Hi @plewis 

Thanks for your post. As this is a set amount of leave you could use the running down method. I would suggest creating a new entitlement payroll category and calling it something like Additional Parental Leave. Whatever you choose to call the entitlement you just need it to be obvious on the employee's payslip that it is that negotiated 6 weeks leave.

This help article, Running down method of leave, will help you set this up, you'll just need to change it a bit to suit your situation. Step 1: you'll need to create the entitlement and then de-activate the accrual. You can ignore steps 4 and 5 as it's a one off payment (for now).

When you pay the leave you would process it like any other leave entitlement, just enter the hours against that leave category. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

plewis
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos