Additional Bank Account for Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Additional Bank Account for Payroll

I have set up a new bank account in AccountRight as we now have 2 bank accounts.

As payroll will be paid from both accounts is it possible to have both bank accounts as 'preferred bank accounts' for when payroll is processed.

From what I can find it appears only one bank account can be set as 'preffered bank account'' via Payroll Linked Accounts.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Additional Bank Account for Payroll

Hi @Narellecables 

Thank you for your post. 

It is possible to have two bank accounts to be used when processing payroll when it comes to paying them. It would be based on how you set up the employee's payment method and where that method is linked to. If you chose electronic payment as a payment method, you will have the option to choose the bank account when preparing electronic payments. If it is cash then it would be based on what account cash is linked to. There can only be one linked account under each field in manage linked accounts

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Narellecables
Experienced Cover User
84 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

84Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply and information.

I have my payment method as electronic and via 'manage linked accounts' a bank account linked.

At times there is the need for payroll to be processed/paid from our other bank account but as you have noted there can only be one linked account under each field in manage linked accounts

Hopefully in the future having the option of being able to link at least another bank account will be something that MYOB will consider.

Kind regards

Narelle

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Narellecables 

You're welcome. I do think it is a great idea to be added as a feature someday. We do suggest posting these suggestions on our Product Ideas Board for our developers' team to see. Here others can vote for it as well. 

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post