Amount of Leave to enter when paying RDO's

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Bel2000
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Amount of Leave to enter when paying RDO's

We have recently started our employees taking an RDO every four weeks. So they work 40 hours and are paid 38 with one day off every four weeks. 

I need help with how to enter entitlements when taken such as annual leave and sick leave. As the award says they still accrue RDO's while on leave.

If an employee has one sick day off, I need to debit their sick leave entitlement 8 hours. But I only actually want to pay them 7.6 hours because the other .4 hours is accrued in their RDO. 

Do I need to do this manually. Run the pay with 7.6 hours debiting their sick leave so this is what they are paid and then manually reduce their entitlement by the .4 hours. Or is there a way MYOB can recognise that I want to debit the entitlement 8 hours, pay them 7.6 and have the other .4 accrue in the RDO entitlement.

Sorry, this may be straight forward, but Im having trouble finding a way around it. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,494 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,494Posts

2,289Kudos

546Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Amount of Leave to enter when paying RDO's

@Bel2000

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Check that you have set everything up correctly as per the support note, taking particular care with the excemptions. Then everthing should accrue correctly.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Rostered+days+off?searchfacet=support:help&searchterm=rdo#expan...

As the support note says, "When you enter a paycheque for an employee and no RDO is taken, enter the paycheque as normal."

When the RDO is taken then if set up correctly a automatic adjustment is done to the base hourly amount for the week.

All accruals for RDO's that have come from Holiday leave, Personal leave or normal Base Hourl and Salary are grouped together in the RDO accrual and actually taken off the Base hourly when the RDO is taken.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Highlighted
Bel2000
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Graeme

Ill go through it and check i have set it up correctly.

Highlighted
Bel2000
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks again Graeme. Im not sure if Im missing something. I have gone through all of the instructions again, and have set it up correctly as far as i can tell. 

If I enter an employees pay, and enter 8 hours sick pay, it debits 8 hours sick from entitlment and pays him 8 hours sick. But i need it to debit his entitlement 8 hours and only pay him 7.6 becuase the .4 will accrue in RDO entitlement. 

Highlighted
Bel2000
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Oh thats ok I think I understand now. I just reread the other part of your post.

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post