Annual leave enquiry

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Annual leave enquiry

• 14/10/19 An employee has 53 hrs Annual leave not taken, 18/10/19 she requests 50 hrs  in advance of which she is given cash * directly as drawings of the business. 
• 28/10/19 Employee is given her advice slip/showing deductions as follows: 

######
Annual leave 50 Hours @26.72076 - 1336

#####

#####
Less $$$ drawings (from salary)

Annual leave due : 3.52 hours Alt HDue : 0.00 days - Annual leave accrued since ####hours

should her annual leave hours read 53hours? and not  3:52 hours since drawings were recovered by her salary? 

Please help - I am the employee and my manager has not only taken cash from my salary for the 50 hours requested she has also taken my Annual leave balance of leave due- I'm so desperate to know if she's not realised she's made a mistake 

HELP PLZ ANYONE

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,945 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,945Posts

5,004Kudos

5,400Solutions

Re: Annual leave enquiry

Hi @Maths_Innocent 

Due to the wording used, I assume you are from New Zealand. This is opposed to Australian which has different rules and requirements.

From an annual leave point of view, from the initial start date of the employee, an employee will accrue holiday pay (8% of gross earnings). After 12 months of employment, an employee would be entitled to annual leave with their annual leave entitlement rolling over. The accumulated holiday pay is reduced back to 0 to start afresh for the new year's worth of employment. When paying out annual leave for an employee, the employer wants to pay out the annual leave amount. If the employee has not reached their annual leave anniversary and/or have enough hours it will make the employee into a negative leave situation. Generally, annual leave will be paid to the employee in lieu of their normal hours and tends to not reduce their overall payment amount unless it is their final pay and it is in a negative situation.

If you are the employee in a situation where you would need further guidance on whether or not you have had your annual leave paid out correctly, I would recommend consulting Employment New Zealand who will be able to ensure that the leave has been set up correctly for your situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post