Annual salary amount on payslip

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Annual salary amount on payslip

Hi.  I administer a payroll where all employees are paid at an hourly rate and their hours are different every fortnight.  On their payslips is an "Annual Salary" amount which is their hourly rate multiplied by "Hours in fortnightly pay period" which is a required field in the "wages" area of the Employee Card File.  This Annual Salary amount on the payslips cause me no end of troubles (staff want low annual salary, staff want high annual salary etc) and it is meaningless because their annual wage cannot be predicted with any certainty and is therefore not strictly a "salary".  Is there any way to get rid of this amount on the payslip altogether?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Annual salary amount on payslip

Hi @MT1982 

As the Annual Salary is a field on the pay slip you can customize the pay slip template and remove that field from it. This can be done through Setup >> Customise forms. I’d recommend saving the template as a different name before changing the form in the Print / Email Pay Slips >> Advanced Filters section

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil_M.  Sounds easy I will give it a go. Just another question on the same subject. Could I make the annual

salary a function of the current fortnightly pay?  For example could casual hours for that fortnight be multiplied by eg 22 fortnights to give a more accurate annual salary?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MT1982 

The fields on the customized forms are designed to pull information from fields within the company file. As such they cant be used to provide a calculated figure, such as a number of hours multiplied by a number.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MT1982
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts