Apprentice on Base Rate for 38hrs week but a different rate for Overtime

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User
96 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

96Posts

38Kudos

3Solutions

Apprentice on Base Rate for 38hrs week but a different rate for Overtime

HI

I have just been on the chat with FairWork, which is a brilliant service btw.   (They email you a copy of the chat immediately afterwards)

However the outcome doesn't come easy for me to set up in MYOB - the wage parameters.........

FairWork have confirmed that $19.41 is the Base Rate. Then (with the new STP2 system) I have to report Allowances as Industry Allowance $27.29, Tool Allowance $20.02 and Electricians License Allowance as $26.55. Which would mean a 38hr week the employee ends up with $811.45.

BUT, if they do overtime (which they do every week), the base rate to be used is $21.35 for the OT1.5x, OT2x, OT2.5x etc.

I'm good with setting up allowances.  

HOW do I get MYOB payroll set up for base rate and overtime on a different base rate?  

Thanks, Belinda

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

511Solutions

Re: Apprentice on Base Rate for 38hrs week but a different rate for Overtime

Hi @BYBookkeeping,

Thank you for your post. 

In this case, you would first enter the normal hourly base rate ($19.41) directly into the employee's card file (see below).

image.png

For your overtimes pay items, you would need to create each one with a fixed calculation basis, for example - your 1.5 overtime category would be set up like this:

2022-05-26 10_22_26-1st Social Media File!  - MYOB AccountRight.png

As you can see, the fixed rate is 1.5 the different base hourly rate (21.35 x 1.5=32.03). You will then do the same setup for your OT 2x and OT2.5x. 

If you have further queries or require more assistance with this, please let me know - happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

BYBookkeeping
Trusted Cover User
96 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

96Posts

38Kudos

3Solutions

@Sam_R Thanks for your reply.  

Yes, I agree with you.  That's exactly what I've done.  

I was hoping there was a better more simplistic way to do it.

This company has 8 apprentices all on different stages of their apprenticeships (Year 1,2,etc), with different amount for allowances and with payrises annually.  The payroll categories will be out of control.  

In your example the Overtime would need to be called 'Overtime 1.5x EMPLOYEE NAME 4th Year 2022', and there would be 2 of these a year (annual increase and apprenticeship anniversary increase).

It was worth asking, thanks.

While I have you - what do you suggest doing in MYOB to be alerted to the different staff employment/apprenticeship anniversaries?  Is there something on their card that I'm missing?

Cheers, Belinda

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

511Solutions

Hi @BYBookkeeping,

ahh I see, quite tedious in your case but this would be the only way to do this with a different base hourly amount. 

In regards to the anniversary alerts, AccountRight doesn't have the capacity to warn a user regarding up and coming dates such as an anniversary date.

However, what you could do is create a contact log entry in advance to store that information. This way it would appear on the To-Do List -- Contact Alert tab to action a request.

TIP: You can get the To-Do List to appear when you first open the file by Setup>>Preferences>>Windows -- Display the To-Do List when opening your company file.

If there is anything else I can assist with, please let me know.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post