BMS ID

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PamL
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BMS ID

Hello MYOB Community 

I've read previous posts asking about how to find MYOB's BMS ID for STP.  None have come up with the answer. 

I realise that there is a Software ID that relates to STP in MYOB and this is never used on in a new software program, however for STP to work when changing software, it iwould be so much easier if you can use the same BMS ID you reported on before, this way when you enter the YTD figures in the new software everything balances and the ATO don't get a double up of payroll information. 

So question is how do I find the BMS ID in a MYOB file?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: BMS ID

Hi @PamL 

To transition to a new payroll software you would need to either -

1. migrate your YTD information to the new software. Then zero out the data in the old system and create an update event to zero the YTD amounts with the ATO.
  2. Finalise the information in the old software and start reporting from zero in the new software.

Both options will prevent payroll information being double up with the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PamL
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey @Tracey_H 

I actually had done this so I should be right. 

However MYOB, how hard would it be to have the BMS ID available - this way we could have positive continuation of all payroll.  I realise that you probably don't want to make it easy for people to move to another software, but please put it on your wish list.

Thanks

ShannonS
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Completely agree Tracey - this doesn't just apply to people moving from MYOB to another software but for those looking to convert TO MYOB.  

They cannnot do so easily without doubling up on the income reported and they shouldn't need to process extra payruns to zero out the data!. 

Quickbooks Online and Xero have got it and they're charging a lot less than $110 per month! 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post