Back Dating Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Globalnomads
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Back Dating Payroll

Hi,

We are a new start-up small business and attempting to back date payroll entries to the beginning of the financial year. We have closed the 2018/2019 payroll year, updated the tax tables and would like to back date this years' entries to get up to date.

If I process payroll for the pay period 01/07/2019 to 07/07/2019 (payments are done weekly) today with a payment date of 10/07/2019 (actual financial transaction dates) only the payment date is in alignment and the pay period defaults to the pay week that the entry is being made. The pay period seems automated, defaults to the current week and can't be changed.

Previously the calculations and payments have been done manually, but we have now moved into MYOB and would like to record entries back to the start of the financial year.

I can't seem to find a way to process payroll so that employe payroll is entered up to the beginning of the 2019/2020 financial year?

Is there a way to back date payroll entries correctly for the current financial year so that at the end of the year all of the PAYG reporting and summaries are correct?

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,443 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,443Posts

277Kudos

231Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Back Dating Payroll

Hi @Globalnomads 

You can simply overtype the dates with the ones relating to the pay period you are recording.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Globalnomads
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Back Dating Payroll

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply...I didn't realise at first that the pay period fields related to the "Process individual employee:" option, I thought it only related to the "Pay leave in advance:" as it was listed under this option.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate the help!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post