8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Balance of TIL not showing on pay advice

Hello,

We have always showed the balance for TIL on pay advice but for some reason for our first pay in July 2020 it is no longer showing.  Can you please advice how i get it to show on the pay advice again.  The payroll category is ticked to show on the pay advice.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,217 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,217Posts

97Kudos

155Solutions

Re: Balance of TIL not showing on pay advice

Hello @RosemaryDavies 

Has the Time Off In Lieu been used yet this payroll year? If not, it will not show up on the payslip. AccountRight requires a Payroll Category to be used in the payroll year in order to display it on payslips. To test if this is the problem, you could process a $0 pay and add 1 to the TOIL entitlement category. Then, reverse that so the 1 is removed. This should essentially trick the system to thinking that TOIL has been used, and it should appear on payslips in the future. 

Also, check under Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms and ensure that Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque stubs is enabled. If that is not enabled, YTD information from payroll categories not used won't show on pays. 

Give this a go and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Emily,

We tried 

"To test if this is the problem, you could process a $0 pay and add 1 to the TOIL entitlement category. Then, reverse that so the 1 is removed. This should essentially trick the system to thinking that TOIL has been used, and it should appear on payslips in the future" 

This did not work.

on the payrun where we trialled it the TIL balance showed on the pay advice but then the following pay advice it was not showing again.

Can you please advise further.

thank you

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,217 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,217Posts

97Kudos

155Solutions

Hello @RosemaryDavies 

Thank you for the update. Can I confirm that you also checked under Setup>>Preferences>>Reports and Forms to ensure that Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque stubs is enabled. If that is not enabled, YTD information from payroll categories not used won't show on pays regardless of if it has been used or not.

In addition, check Payroll >> Payroll Categories >> Entitlements, select the entitlement and make sure that "Print on Pay Advice" has been ticked. If the settings are correct and the TIL is still not showing, it would be a matter of needing to use that category in the payroll year for the figures to show. I have not seen other cases in which the instructions to add 1 to the entitlement category and then remove it (for accurate records) has made that category stop showing. If at all possible, are you able to do the same again and add 1 to the TOIL category and leave it there, until TOIL is actually used by an employee? 

It is a function of the software in that the category must be used (in that payroll year) before it will show on the payslip, so that would be the workaround if you are looking to have TOIL show up before it has actually been used this payroll year.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

HI Emily,

i think i have worked out why the YTD balance is not showing on the pay advice.

In the payroll category i di not select;

Payroll year end - to carry remaining entitlement over to next year.

It is saying i can not add the payroll category selection now.

Can you sugges tthe easiest fix.

Will i need to do a one off pay and add the balance from last year to the employee totals?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,217 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,217Posts

97Kudos

155Solutions

Hello @RosemaryDavies 

That could be the cause. I apologise if I misunderstood your original post which I took to mean that the balance is simply not showing on payslips - which is normal if that entitlement had not yet been used in a payroll year -  and not that the balance has not carried over into the new payroll year at all. If that is the case, and if the Carry Remaining Entitlement... setting was not ticked, unfortunately that setting cannot be changed after the category is set up. 

In this situation, I would recommend you create a new Entitlement category for TOIL and do ensure that particular setting is ticked so that next year's rollover will occur as intended. Then, to update that category with the correct entitlement figures owed as of today, you would be looking at transferring the balances over to the new category following the instructions outlined here

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post