Base hourly rate incorrect

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Base hourly rate incorrect

Hi,

The employee card has the hourly rate set as $29.52 but every payslip for this employee it is lower.

Please help!

Capture.PNG
11 REPLIES 11
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Base hourly rate incorrect

Hi @stroltz 

Thank you for your post. I'm glad to assist you.

There could be two reasons why it is showing differently or lower which is either rounding or manual changes made on Pay Slip

For the Rounding, you can change the rounding settings by going to Setup >> General Payroll Information. There is a field there to allow you to round up the nearest cent, if we set this to 100c then this will round to the nearest dollar. This depends on how you want it to be rounded. Please ask for assistance from your accountant if needed for the rounding.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

We have not made manual changes to these payslips.

The rounding is set to "Round net pay down to a multiple of 5 cents" but that does not explain this.

It only for this employee that the base hourly rate is being automacitally changed to some weird figure?

gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @stroltz 

Perhaps point out how you process the payroll. Is it via timesheets? What did you enter on screen? The 9.7 hrs or the $280.44 (or both). What does the Standard Pay screen show on the Employee's Card > Payroll Details. Also where does the Annual Salary of $153.50 come from?

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

We process the payroll via timesheets, so we seldom manually edit the pays. So we did not manually enter any figure.

I have attached the card info payroll details.

The annual salary figure is because MYOB won't let us set the default hours in a fortnightly period to zero. (that is so annoying MYOB, the stupidity of myob to not allow for staff to only be paid hourly based on  timesheets)

So we have it set to almost zero to help stop the bug where the standard pay gets adjusted automatically from $0 and revised up then staff get paid extra hours they did not work if you are not paying close attention. 

This does not explain why only this staff members base rate is being changed by MYOB. 

It is only happening for this staff member. All others have the same setup, and their pays reflect the hourly rate set in their card. 

Capture.PNG
gavin12345
Ultimate User
4,992 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

4,992Posts

910Kudos

635Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @stroltz 

I'd check that the standard pays for this employee matches what is on other employees.

Interestingly 9.7 * 29.52 = 286.34

less 0.2 hrs per FN

0.2 * 29.52 = -5.90

Balance = $280.44 (which is pay calculated by MYOB)

You can set Fortnightly hours to 0.2, however on the Standard Pays screen, change the 0.2 to 0.0 - see if this solves the pay rate calculation issue.

When you use timesheets, the hours shown on Standard Pays are factored in (bug).

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

79Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

Yes, thanks for your help.

It was that awful standard pay of the employee's card.

Why MYOB won't allow us to turn that rubbish off is an endless source of annoyance. 

Not every employee has a 'standard pay' MYOB!!!

bunyippreschool
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I have been reading about this hourly rate change.  I have been trying to change my employees hourly rates since the second last payrise.  MYOB have told me several different scenarios but nothing has worked.  I have just read this post and want to know what you mean by changing the standard pay.  When I go in to that section I cannot find where to change it.  My employees all work differnt hours and I have input this in hours in a fortnight. 

Can you explain how to keep it changed again for me.

Thanks

bunyippreschool
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I have now tried this application.  I have gone in and changed every hourly rate AGAIN and checked the standard pays screen and all wages have been calculated right.  Lets see if this stays changed for the payroll period this week. (which it usually doesn't).

Thanks

Gale

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,274 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,274Posts

111Kudos

256Solutions

Hi @bunyippreschool,

Thanks for your post.

We're delighted to hear that your issue has been successfully resolved. For further information on changing an employee's salary or hourly rate, you can refer to this helpful article. Changing an employee's salary or hourly rate.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post