Calculating back pay to include leave loading

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JulieM09
Trusted Cover User
91 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

91Posts

14Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Calculating back pay to include leave loading

I have an employee for who has been underpaid by 5c/hr since the start of this financial year (numbers written down in the wrong order).  

In that time the business has been closed for the annual Christmas break so there is leave loading in the total wages for that time.

I have had a read of the page on back pay but as it notes, that is for a simple underpayment, not one that has been going on for months and includes all categories of pay.

With the leave loading, calculating backpay is not as simple as adding what it should have been and then taking away what was actually paid. 

I am seeking clarification on the process to use here - Do I do a separate calculation for the holiday leave weeks then add this to the standard/base weeks and that then becomes what SHOULD have been paid?  If I make the one code for back pay, this will not filter to the various pay categories - sick,  holiday, holiday loading, public holiday.  Am I overthinking this??

Thanks in anticipation

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Calculating back pay to include leave loading

Hi @JulieM09

Taking a look at the Back pay help article, it is talking about the gross pay that the employee should have received. This would be looking at the employees pay overall rather than just a specific payroll category.

If you were wanting to show each of the different underpaid wage categories then you would need to create different back pay categories for each wage category and calculate each of the back pay amounts to go against the respective wage categories.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JulieM09
Trusted Cover User
91 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User