Can I match two bank feed transactions to one AccountRight transaction and how to go about it?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CLH13
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can I match two bank feed transactions to one AccountRight transaction and how to go about it?

Not entirely sure this the right board, however needs must.

Long story short - after doing first ever payroll, the amounts paid by direct deposit had not been amended so I've two separate bank feed transactions - "old" pay amount plus top-up - that I need to match to a single AccountRight transaction. Is this possible and what is the easiest/cleanest means by which to do so.

2 REPLIES 2
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Can I match two bank feed transactions to one AccountRight transaction and how to go about it?

Unfortunately you are unable to match the transactions with the one MYOB entry. You should firstly ensure that the entries do indeed match and then you will need to hide the transactions in the bank feed (right click on the entry) and then manually reconcile the entry in myob.

hope that makes sense to you, good luck

lisa

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Can I match two bank feed transactions to one AccountRight transaction and how to go about it?

@CLH13 @LRBooks61 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

It is a very simple procedure, you use a clearing account such as undeposited funds. In your cash I would use the Payroll Clearing Account.

First open the payroll Linked accounts and check that the Cash payments are from the Payroll Clearing Account.

Then open the transaction and change the pay from account to "Cash".

Now in the Bank feeds allocate the two transactions to the Payroll clearing account.

The net result should be zero.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post