Can leave taken be recorded in timesheets and processed in payroll for standard pay employees?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Samiam
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can leave taken be recorded in timesheets and processed in payroll for standard pay employees?

Hi there,

For years we have processed payroll fortnightly based on timesheet hours. I would like to move to monthly payroll using the Standard Pay tab for permanent employees. Is there a way I can just record leave taken in timesheets and have them incorporated into payroll when processing payroll or do I need to manually add in all leave taken?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

511Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Can leave taken be recorded in timesheets and processed in payroll for standard pay employees?

Hi @Samiam,

Thank you for your post. 

This system will allow you to enter just the leave hours in timesheets, then when it comes to processing your pays, the system should pick up these timesheets based on the date range and reduce the base hourly/salary figures from the employee's standard pay to reflect any leave taken for that month. You just want to make sure that the "Automatically Adjust Base Hourly or Base Salary Details" box is ticked in the leave pay item for this to adjust accordingly. Example below: 

2022-01-12 14_02_10-Snip & Sketch.png

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Advocacy1
Experienced User
47 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

47Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can leave taken be recorded in timesheets and processed in payroll for standard pay employees?

Hi

I hope its ok to jump into this thread.

We are wanting to use timesheets for leave only, we have the leave categories all set up correctly i.e., the button is ticked to adjust base hours. When we tried to process a leave form using the timesheet method, the leave does not adjust within the pay run. Can anyone advice why this might be the case. On a normal pay run, if I enter leave it will always adjust the base hours.

Regards M

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post