Can't confirm company file

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can't confirm company file

Hi, I've been using MYOB for over 25 years. The current file I'm using was created approximately 14 years ago. Every now and then, I have to contact this forum because the file will not confirm online and I get a message to contact customer service. This is really inconvenient and a regular problem. I can't pay wages because I can't access the file. I can't lodge super because I can't access the file. And this is a regular problem. I need to confirm the file online every time. I don't need this problem to occur. Can you get me into my file again and stop this problem from happening? I am not happy and won't recommend MYOB.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,390 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,390Posts

542Kudos

516Solutions

Re: Can't confirm company file

Hi @robyn23 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. So that I can assist you can you please send me the following information by private message:

• serial number
  • primary contact name
  • primary email address
  • business name

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm still waiting for a reply to my last message. Twenty-four hours and I'm still waiting. I'm being ignored. This service is disgraceful. I wouldn't recommend MYOB to save my life. When the product doesn't work, through no fault of my own, my requests for help get ignored. I'm thinking of reporting MYOB to the Dept of Consumer and Business Affairs seeing as my requests for help are ignored. See if the authorities can get MYOB to do the right thing.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,390 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,390Posts

542Kudos

516Solutions

Hi @robyn23 

As discussed in our private message, we have managed to resolve your confirmation enquiry with you indicating that confirmation of your company file was successful.

If you do have any further enquiries we do recommend posting these directly on this Forum so that other members of the Community can offer assistance and benefit from the information being provided.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Whatever went wrong with my MYOB file, whatever you did to fix it, as I previously told you in a message - which was ignored - now the export to Excel option in Reports won't work. I use this function all the time. It worked last time I used the file and hasn't worked since you fixed the confirmation problem. I need this new issue resolved. Please don't keep ignoring me.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,020 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,020Posts

213Kudos

297Solutions

Hi @robyn23 

Please note that confirming a file does not impact exporting to Excel in anyway. As @Tracey_H  has helped you in successfully confirming the file already, we will try to troubleshoot why the reports are not being able to get exported to Excel. The first thing to check would be if Export to Excel is greyed out or green but doesn't export anything when clicked.

green Export to Excel button means that Excel is definitely being detected on your computer, but for nothing to happen when you try and export information to Excel it would suggest that Excel is not receiving the information. Generally, this could be caused by two things either a permissions imbalance between AccountRight and Excel or if something is getting in the way of the information being send into Excel.

To check if this is a permissions imbalance, we would recommend starting by right clicking on your AccountRight icon and choosing the option to Run as Administrator. This will run AccountRight with full Windows Administrator permissions which should overcome any permissions imbalances that might exist. Permissions imbalances can be overcome by reinstalling AccountRight with full Windows Administrator permissions by running the installer as a Windows Administrator.

If running AccountRight as an Administrator does not export the information to Excel, then the next step would be to look at what else is  running on your computer and try to close down as many other programs as possible before trying the export to Excel. This would include programs that you might not think of such as your antivirus program to see if they have any effect on your ability to export to Excel.

Let us know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I'm already signing in as Administrator. Nothing has changed with my computer. The only difference is that I couldn't confirm the MYOB file. Since then I can't export to Excel. Nothing is interfering. Nothing has changed except having to get TraceyH to fix a problem so that I can confirn the file. Nothing I do allows me to export to Excel and this was not a problem last week or ever, only since I had the problem confirming and TraceyH had to fix it.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,020 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,020Posts

213Kudos

297Solutions

Hi @robyn23 

Apologies for the delay in response.

Signing as an Administrator is different to running the application as an Administrator. The latter is done by right clicking on the app and then clicking on Run as administrator. I do understand that coincidently this issue only started happening on confirming the file again, however, Excel is a separate program on the computer that is impacted by the other updates or changes on Windows as well, any of which might have contributed to this behaviour.

Having said this, we can only troubleshoot the issue further if we have ruled out any interference due to permission blocks.  

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post