Can't reverse a pay

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Magpie256
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't reverse a pay

I have deleted the payment file and made the system reverse not delete. Everytime I try to reverse the incorrect wage MYOB shuts down.  I have done a replacement transaction so need to reverse the incorrect one.

Error is System.ArgumentNullException

Anything else I can do?  I need to fix it or my month end will be out.  And now I have another wage that needs to be fixed too.

Thanks

Debbie

Deb
2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Can't reverse a pay

Hi @Magpie256 

For this particular issue, please follow the steps given below in order to delete/reverse the pay. 

In some cases recording a negative pay, as opposed to reversing the existing pay will allow you to achieve the desired result.  If you want to delete the pay or recording a negative pay doesn't resolve the issue, you need to either stop the services on the server and delete or reverse the pay or move the file to the local computer and stop services on the local machine and delete or reverse the pay. Once completed start the services again.

To stop services on Windows

1. Simultaneously press the Windows Image and R key on your keyboard (the Windows Image key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Run window appears.

2. In the Open field, type services.msc then click OK.

3. In the list of services, look for all services starting with MYOB

Note that you may have different services starting with MYOB depending on the versions you have installed.

4. Right-click on each of the services and choose Stop.

5. The service will now no longer show "Started"

You can now open AccountRight to delete the pay or enter a negative pay

To start services on Windows

1. Simultaneously press the Windows Image and R key on your keyboard (the Windows Image key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Run window appears.

2. In the Open field, type services.msc then click OK.

3.In the list of services, look for all services starting with MYOB

Note that you may have different services starting with MYOB depending on the versions you have installed.

4. Right-click on each of the services and choose Start.

5. The service will now show "Started" 

That said, this is something that has been raised with the relevant teams and is under investigation for a permanent fix. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Magpie256
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Can't reverse a pay

Thanks for all that.  I spoke to someone from MYOB and we decided that since we run a server version plus I don't have full permissions (to the server) that we would do a negative pay instead.  I'm not thrilled with that as a solution but it works!

Deb

Deb

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post