Cannot Print/Email/Save Payslip as PDF

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User Jennifer14
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot Print/Email/Save Payslip as PDF

Hi I am a student and I need to save payslips as PDF.

I have done this:

1. Select Print/Email Pay Slips, tick all employees then click Print. Then an Print report/form issue appears: An issue that affects and forms has been found. For more information on how to fix the issue, go to support note 34072. I click OK then I can get to choose CutePDF Writer. I click Print. Then it looks like it's working. But then the Review Pay Slips Before Delivery window just closes and there's no print preview displayed.

2. Select individual payslip, do a print preview, same error appears and I also click OK. I choose CutePDF Writer then a Save As window appears. I save the document but when I open it, it's just a blank page.

3. Email the payslips but Error Sending Email appears so I can't make PDF copies as well through email.

I am able to extract PDF from reports. I have tried CutePDF in Word and it's working. Could somebody help me in this issue?

I am using AccountRight Plus AU 2015.4.0

Version         2015.4.17 5484

File Version 2015.4.17.5484

6 REPLIES 6
Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot Print/Email/Save Payslip as PDF

Hi there @Jennifer14,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. We do hope you find it a valuable resource. Just so we can better assist, we'd like to ask you the following questions:

• If you go to your Desktop and have a look at the AccountRight icon, do you see the letters 'SE' appear next to 'AccountRight v2015.4'?
  • The error you've described sounds like it might actually be related to a corrupted font issue. We have had a few reported cases of clients experiencing similar error messages - our help page Error: Arial or Tahoma font can't be found has resolved this problem for most of them. As such, we do recommend you step through the process outlined and let us know how that goes for you.

Please don't hesitate to post again anytime you require and do let us know how you go with that.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

There's no SE on the AccountRight shortcut.

I tried the Arial/Tahoma font remedy but nothing's changed.

Error still appears. I just click OK. If I print by batch, the print window just disappears. If one by one, I need to preview the payslip then print then the SaveAs dialogue appears. However it just results to blank page.

Former Staff Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

4,461Posts

302Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there @Jennifer14,

Thanks for the additional information.

Was the company file previously used in an older version of AccountRight (i.e. AccountRight v19)?

Additionally, can I confirm that you are able to print anything else apart from payslips (e.g. reports, invoices, etc)?

If so, please go to Setup > Preferences > select the Reports & Forms tab, and check to see if 'Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paychque Stubs' is selected. If so, please deselect this > OK and try again.

If you're unable to print anything out of AccountRight at all, at this point, it would seem like it's more likely due to interference from a third-party application, such as antivirus software. In this case, it would be worth temporarily disabling it and trying again to see if that resolves your issue.

Please do let us know how you go with that, and feel free to post again anytime you require.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tallie,

I just made the company file as part of my assessment.

I also cannot print (cutePDF) any report from MYOB. But cutePDF works for Microsoft Word docs.

I also tried doPDF and novaPDF and they are not working as well.

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,789 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,789Posts

1,384Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Jennifer ( @Jennifer14 )

A couple of other things to try, just to see if they make any difference. Based on what you have advised us and the troubleshooting @Tallie_M has already suggested it does sound like it might be an environmental issue.

Have you installed all the latest Windows updates, particularly those that involve the Microsoft .Net Framework? As AccountRight uses this framework more than some other programs that might be installed upon the computer, if the .net framework isn’t up to date it could be indicative of what is going on.

You mentioned that you have tried reinstalling the fonts and didn’t have any success with the reports changing. Are you able to try deleting the fonts completely and then reinstall the fonts from the previously mentioned help article? If you aren’t sure how to do this then please check with your IT Professional

Are you able to try using an entirely different, non PDF printer such as the Microsoft XPS Document writer? As AccountRight uses the same printing protocol regardless of the printer, if certain printers were working and others weren’t it could be indicative of a driver issue at the same time.

Do let us know how you get on with trying these few suggestions

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil and Tallie,

I think you're right it's on the windows update for the .Net Framework. I tried updating my windows but my laptop always fails to do so. I am using a different laptop now with Windows 10, properly updated :-), and everything's fine so far.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jennifer

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post