Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cannot download latest tax tables

Hi there,

I try to process a payroll run but the system keeps showing a warning says "the latest tax tables for your pay run couldn't be downloaded. " I'm sure my device has Internet connections. To process pay run, I had to used the outdated tax tables for 1/07/2017. I also tried the following:

1. Called the MYOB service line, waited for few hours and was told they would investigate the problem but so far I got nothing back from the team.

2. I tried several other devices and installed the latest MYOB AR, logged into the company file and still cannot download the latest tax tables.

3. I used example company files in MYOB and tried to run a pay run, surprisingly, the latest tax table can be updated! So, I belive there's nothing wrong with the hardware and the Internet?

My best guess is this weired problem must have something to do with the company file. Is there any ways to fix it? Thank you so much for your help in adavance. 

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,298 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,298Posts

249Kudos

359Solutions

Re: Cannot download latest tax tables

Hi @Brian_Hao 

Can you please confirm what version of the software are you using, is it 2020.2 or 2020.1 ? 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal, It's the latest version of MYOB, 2020.2.2. Thank you. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,298 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,298Posts

249Kudos

359Solutions

Hi @Brian_Hao 

Could you please take a backup of the file and try the following steps:

1. Uninstall AccountRight.
    1. Access the list of programs that are installed on your computer.

If using
      Do this
      Windows 8 or 10 Right-click in the screen's bottom-left corner and choose Programs and Features.
      Windows 7 Click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel then choose Programs and Features.
    2. Click the AccountRight software you want to uninstall then click Uninstall. In some Windows versions this may appear as Change/Uninstall.

3. Click through any confirmation windows, and click Yes to wanting to completely remove the selected application and all of its components.

2. Delete the 2020.2 folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight
    1. Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer (or File Explorer).
    2. In the address bar (at the top of the window) type %localappdata% and press Enter on your keyboard.
    3. Double-click to open the MYOB folder.
    4. Double-click to open the AccountRight folder.
    5. Right-click the 2020.2  folder and choose Delete then click Yes to confirm.
  3. Reinstall AccountRight by double-clicking the downloaded installation file.
  4. Try doing the payrun again and let me know if you still get the same error.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kamol, 

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instruction, step by step, unistall the MYOB AR and then deleted the 2020.2 folder and did the reinstall. Sadly, I still get the same error. 

There's one thing I want to mention is when I tried to uninstall at the begining, I noticed there're many old versions of MYOB AR left on the system as shown in the attachement, do you think I should remove them to fix the payroll issue?

Thanks again. 

Capture.JPG
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,298 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,298Posts

249Kudos

359Solutions

Hi @Brian_Hao 

It would be worth trying to delete all of them as it would give us a clear indication of where the problem lies. Therefore, please do that and let me know if the issue still exists. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Unfortunately, I tried deleted all of the old files and folders of previous versions and then reinstall MYOB, it just doesn’t work.  So, I also tried new laptops which never installed MYOB before, signed in to the company file, but still doesn’t work. I’m very frustrated about that and don’t know what else I can do to make it right.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,298 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,298Posts

249Kudos

359Solutions

Hi @Brian_Hao 

If nothing has worked, can you please install AccountRight Server edition a different computer, restore a backup of your file locally on that computer and then try to process the payrun. In case that still fails, please send me your serial number by a Private Message so we can get a copy of your file in for further investigation. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post