Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

I have had the same issue for the last week, unable check payroll details or send the STP file to the ATO. I run my files on the server edition. Today by phone MYOB support told me they sent me an email weeks ago (which they did not) saying we now have NO choice and the deferral to 1 Jan is no longer valid and we have to immediately move our files to the cloud to stay compliant. She refused to escalate me to anyone else and said I MUST move the files to the cloud. We are VERY unhappy about this lack of notice/preparation period.

JohnMarch
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I had the same problem last week and again today. On the phone yesterday with MYOB they tried to tell me it was an IT problem at our end but it obviously isn't.  Needs to be fixed ASAP MYOB

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi MYOB et ALL

This is most definately a Windows problem - though - everything was fine on 2022.7 and now because MYOB RUSH out updates - 2022.8 has screwed our payroll.

Really MYOB - telling us that a interim solution is to "upgrade windows" or put our files online - 

1. It isn't MYOB's pervue to be recommending windows upgrades - JUST BECAUSE THEIR RUSHED SOFTWARE - crashed on payroll supposedly because of Windows (which hasn't been confirmed).

2. To now push everyone who isn't online with their file - to now go online - NOT - surely MYOB your research would have shown that there is a proportion of users who for a number of reasons - cannot go online with their file & also, that there is a number of die-in-the-woods users who just don't want to go online (yet us CCs work gently with these die-hard people to get them to migrate to the online status - gently and with Objective and careful discussions with their powers to be.

But now to be told because a rushed upgrade has created a problem with payrol we all suddenly as an interim solution oh - "that MYOB recommends" need to upgrade windows and/or get our files online.

Jeez MYOB your marketing department like your help centre really is not offering the best solutions.

Please try and "just fix the problem" - look at your code you just rolled out - and work out what caused the problem - it aint rocket science - I am a software developer and this is exactly what I need to do if something I add suddenly crashes on the existing windows.

Fix this problem soonest MYOB without forcing us all to upgrade Windows Servers on a whim and put our clients files into MYOB - notwithstanding many local files run 3rd party software!!

The Doc

HEAL
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hello MYOB,

I just checked the minimum system requirements on your website for Accountright and here is the list of accepted Windows versions.  I run Windows 8.1 and I am getting this error message when trying to connect to the Payroll Reporting Centre.  And others are using later versions and still getting the error.  Obviously not a Windows issue.  Please release an update to fix this MYOB problem.

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 11
  • Microsoft Windows 10
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1
  • Windows Server 2019
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2012
IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi  @The_Doc 

From your posts it appears you have clients so I'm guessing you are running a business in computers/bookkeeping/accounting? Could you please contact me regarding getting some assistance? I can't figure out how to contact you privately! Thanks

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @IhateMYOBupgrad 

email me hhg@raptrobusinessservices.com.au or SMS me 1st 0415262694 then ring

the Doc

NardiaPlumbing
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

After completing payroll yesterday and not able to submit to the ATO through MYOB, I opened MYOB through the web browser and was able to submit the payroll to the ATO that way. Hope this helps a little.

Wendy

PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

thanks for the feedback. Being on Server Edition we cannot submit through the web browswer if the file is not uploaded to the cloud. Not an option.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

We are investigating a number of reports from customers encountering a "Something went wrong at our end" message when accessing the Payroll Reporting Centre. We have commonly seen it occur in the desktop edition of AccountRight.

A workaround, while we do investigate, is to ensure that your company file is stored online and to use the web browser interfaceWhile this is not involved in the situation and related to it, it is worth mentioning that for Single Touch Payroll (STP v2) reporting you do need to store the company file online. The deadline for Single Touch Payroll v2 is 1st January 2023 - which is coming up quickly.

As this is very much an ongoing investigation we don't have any further information that we can provide for a resolution and timeframe of that.  We'll share more when we can.

In the meantime, as been mentioned, we are keen to know what version of Windows people impacted by this situation are using and whether they have had any recent Windows updates installed. This is passed onto the required team to help diagnose the situation impacting users.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,537Posts

236Kudos

162Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

At this stage the problem is occuring on

Server 2012 R2

Server 2016

Server 2019 - unknown yet

If I prepare payroll on the server - then process it on my laptop - which is Win 11 Pro - all is fine - however, my file is already online and on STP II 

A client has a server based file - Server 2012 R2 - payroll will run but payroll reporting with STP I crashes.

The client was able to access Payroll Reporting via her desktop - which I believe is Win 10 

The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post