Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Smooth
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

18Posts

11Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi @Steven_M 

Thanks for update, I can confirm we are using Server Edition for MYOB AR, and our PC's are running Windows 8.1.

I'm sure there are many reasons why some MYOB clients are using Server Edition and do not have there company file online. For my company, we were advised by MYOB a few years ago NOT to put our company file online because our file is too large (we have large number of Inventory items and Auto Build items).

Can you please advise what the current advice is from MYOB regarding online files and the "acceptable" file size range.

PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

HI All, yes that is the exact same reason our affected files stayed on our server, because MYOB also advised us that they were too large and may be extremely slow when online when running any kind of reporting etc.

However STP Phase 2 means we have no choice by the end of the year - or upgrade to EXO or pull the payroll out of MYOB and go with a standalone online payroll system. both expensive alternatives to the current offering.

NardiaPlumbing
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris

I have just updated to the STP Phase 2. Now when I access the Payroll Reporting centre via MYOB on the server it takes me straight to the web browser and I completed the required information there. I take it from that, this has to do with STP Phase 2 and the need to update our myobs immediately to STP Phase 2 or the error message will continue. All seems to be ok with us now.

lidice
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Chris

I'm having the same issue, couldn't submit to ATO last Thursday but thought it was possibly due to public holiday.

Happening again this week and when i go into payroll reporting it doesn't show last weeks payroll or this weeks to even submit.

Attached is the diagnostic log if it helps from today (don't think i have one from last week).

Also got another lady in the office to log in and try from her machine/myob account and she got the same message.

We are using the updated version of myob accountright, server edition, not online yet.

Julie-G
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

We are having the same issue using Server Edition, not online files.    We have two files not lodged, and not even showing in the Payroll Reporting Centre even though they are processed.   

This must be an issue with 2022.8, but it is not feasible to load the file online to lodge these STP reports.

Hopefully MYOB comes up with a fix.

Thank you

lidice
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

exactly our issue - server edition, last 2 payroll files processed but not reported to ATO or showing in payroll reporting centre and not able to go online at this stage.

was on the phone with myob for over 2 hrs yesterday trying to get our file uploaded online and was unsuccessful.

hopefully if it is just an issue with the latest upgrade to 2022.8 and they can get it sorted asap.

NardiaPlumbing
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Julie - We too have a server Edition. Try clicking on the Web Browser on the front page of MYOB - See attached. This should direct you to log on to myob in your browser. I beleive the myob file is still on the server, however, you can also access via the browser. Once in there, you can click on Payroll, then Payroll Reporting and you should see the files not sent. Click on the "not sent" and it allows you to send it. See how you go. If ok, then update to STP Phase 2 and it will automatically direct you to the browser when accessing payroll reporting through  MYOB on the server.

Wendy

Web Browser.JPG
lidice
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

"open in web browser" doesn't show on the myob screen if your file isn't online

PenJ
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @NardiaPlumbing 

the option to Open in the Web Browser does not appear unless your file is already in the cloud.

So perhaps you used to be on the server edition but have since gone up to the cloud and the file is no longer located on  your server hardware.

You can tell as bottom right will be green and show as online when you are your company file if it is in the cloud.

NardiaPlumbing
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry I thought I may have been on to something. I will leave it to MYOB to find the solution for those not in the cloud.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post