Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

117Posts

5Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

@PRF  Thanks for your efforts trouble shooting the errors for us MYOB Users.

From my experience with the issue for my clients running terminal servers is the problem lies in 2012 R2 server edition. The required upgrade costs are a fair amount for most small businesses.

I have clients running 2016 server and using 2022.8 (as i havent upgraded file) without the same issue connecting to the ATO.

The only work-around as explained by other users is to put the file either online or lodge from a windows 10 machine and then return the file back to the server.

I am hoping MYOB can atleast communicate some options for clients please!

I have a few clients that have expressed to me that they cant afford to upgrade hardware given the current economic environment and currently have no option but to look at alternative software packages that will work for small businesses on a tight budget. 

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@PowerMyobBI,

I appreciate your thanks.

MYOB still haven't updated their AccountRight system requriements and minumum system requirements page for AccountRight 2019, 2020 & 2021.  It still lists Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012.  I don't believe you can use these any longer.  They also haven't added AccountRight 2022 to the list of minimum system requirements.

I'm quite certain at least some of the problems for users on older versions of Windows desktop and server editions would be solved if MYOB allowed some additional ciphers for TLS1.2 to be accepted for the key websites involved with the web services related to STP at MYOB.  Users would still have to import one or two additional trusted root certificates but that's relatively easy to document and complete.

When I checked earlier today (Monday 31/10/22) they were still using a restricted set which are only supported by newer versions of Windows desktop and server editions (>= Window 10 and >= Windows Server 2016).

I don't know why they have done this.  Many of their other web sites eg. login.myob.com, app.myob.com and cdn-stp.payroll.prod.myob.com, accept the additional ciphers I have mentioned in earlier posts and more.  I'm befuddled by this.

To recount what I've said in earlier posts, the AccountRight application uses the built-in operating system (Windows in this case) security functions to negotiate the secure connections to the MYOB web servers.  Microsoft has not updated the older Windows versions to support many of the new security features which have been developed.

Browsers (most at least) will work fine as they incorporate their own code for establishing secure connections and it's much more up to date with supporting the newer protocols and ciphers now commonly used.  The browsers also include more recent Root certificates that are used to sign the web server certificates.  Both features are some of the reasons why migrating your local AccountRight data file online will work.

Regards

Paul

Julie-G
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Hi all

This message thread has been going for weeks now and MYOB Support is annoyingly very quiet.

All server edition users operating on a 2012 Server are now at the decision point of:

- do we go to the expense of doing a Server Upgrade now to at least a 2016 Server; or

- are we being forced online for STP2 from 1 Jan 2023 anyway, which makes the Server Upgrade financial commitment a complete waste of money for the sake of 2 months?

Can MYOB please confirm to all Server Users ASAP:

- STP2 will only ever be available for MYOB Accountright files kept Online

- as such, all server editions of MYOB Accountright will be obsolete from 31 Dec 2022?

This is imperative information to enable many MYOB users to make a financial decision that needs to be made right now.

Thank you

Julie

John21
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Update again. I am now back in Oz and finding this easier to do:

1 - Copy the data file from your server to a local PC running Win10

2 - Rename the file (I added "STP" in the name)

3 - Open the file from that PC (using the library to add the file in your list)

4 - Login and go to Payroll Reporting and you should find all the unlodged STP reports

4A - If you dont find the unlodged reports then just do a xero pay for one employee. This should list them all.

5 - You can test send by sending one of the files. If successful continue and wait till all files show "accepted"

6 - Restore the "STP" named file to the server.

7 - Rename the existing file to something like "pre STP fix"

8 - Rename the copied and restored file to your desired name

9 - Login as per normal to the file restored onto the server and you can see all the files sent and run your YTD verification (to date) to reconcile your payroll.

PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

117Posts

5Kudos

4Solutions

@John21 ,

I also noticed that once the MYOB STP Data file is transferred to a windows 10 machine the STP screen showed the previous pays as "SENT" but when you click the three buttons to say view the ato response the status of the SENT pays resets to Blank and you can then SEND again to ATO. 

There is no need to do a zero pay from what I have seen to update the status of the unlodged pays. Maybe others can confirm this too? 

Thanks again for you efforts with finding a work around John. 

Invenio
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the advice however as we have multi users to MYOB we will have to let other activities paused for this. 

Hope MYOB can have a ultimate solution to this soon.

John21
Experienced User
37 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

37Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I had the same issue but the whole process took me about 30 minutes max. Depends on how quick your file transfers locally.

Invenio
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks a lot. Will try if we have no other choices. Sounds like it is a MYOB issue for server based AccountRight.

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@Invenio,

Actually, it also affects users who are running AccountRight 20xx on a single PC if the Windows desktop version is less than 10.

Regards

Paul

kgordon
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

14Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

One month and 120 replies later and I'm still none-the-wiser as to why STP suddenly glitched on my desktop. If it is because my windows version no longer supports myob then, please, let me know!!! Apart from processing payroll via the web version, all of the suggested technical workarounds are way above my paygrade - thanks Paul and others for trying, though! What once took a minute or two now takes  several, and it's more than a little irritating that we're paying for upgrades that often don't serve our business at all.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post