Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LynneP
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

2022.10 and reporting STP to ATO

I am running windows 11 and Accountright 2022.10.  MYOB is now very slow to load after the update.  In the interim MYOB suggested I should downgrade to Windows 10. I did not. I was advised to use the browser. The funtionality is inferior, Myob Essentials?  The formatting is different.  I do not have time to learn a new process.  Why would I continue to pay for AccountRight if I cannot use it? 

I am also getting an MYOB error message when I tried to lodge the Payroll Reporting Declaration.

I also tried to lodge by loading the Payroll Reporing Centre "button" and received the same error message. "Something went wrong on MYOB's end and come back later."

Upgrading to Accountright 2022.10 wasted nearly 2 day's work and involved   5 HOURS and 3 MINUTES on hold on the second attempt.

I am now late to report to ATO, will MYOB pay the late lodgement fine?

Can anyone advise how to lodge to ATO?

Lynne

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 2022.10 and reporting STP to ATO

Lynne (@LynneP),

Did the STP error occur when you used a local installation of AccountRight rather than the online browser based version?

If so, would you be able to share the Huxley log file for one of your sessions when the STP failure occurred?  It will have the error(s) when connecting to MYOB for the STP transactions.

Regards

Paul

LynneP
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Paul.

I have logged onto the browser and sent the STP report.  The status is sending.

Back to the error message.  Where do I locate the Huxley details and do I send a copy to you by reply here or by another method.

Is it the same as the "console" details?

regards

Lynne

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Lynne,

I'm glad you were able to submit the STP data.

Start a reply to my reply and click on the Browse... button under the text entry section of your reply.

The Huxley diagnostics files which are created by AccountRight are located in the following folder (in Windows):

%LOCALAPPDATA%\MYOB\AccountRight\Current\Diagnostics\

You can type the path above in the top field of the pop up File Explorer (File Upload) window as shown below. 

image.png

Press the Enter key after typing the Diagnostics text.  Inside the Diagnostics folder you should find something like the following (depending on what AccountRight versions you have installed):

image.png

You  may not see the .log suffix depending on what view options you have selected for File Explorer.

Select the log file for the ...2022.10... version of AccountRight you have installed and click on the Open button in the bottom right corner of the File Explorer (File Upload) window and the file should be added to your reply.  You should see the file name displayed beside the Browse... button.

Type your reply and press the Post button.

Regards

Paul

LynneP
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I started the upgrade last week and it did not proceed.  I used the browser version to enter payroll over the weekend. On 30/11/22, after the attempts to open AccountRight 2022.10 timed out, I chose the option to wait until the application responded.  It took a long time but  opened my company file.

There are no Huxley logs for late November, but there is today's log attached below

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Lynne,

Thank you for the additional information and the log file.

Unfortunately the log file doesn't contain any information that I can see is relevant to your problem(s) related to submission of STP data.

I can't do much more I'm afraid.

Regards

Paul

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post