Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cant submit STP report to ATO nor connect to Payroll Reporting Centre

Hi @IhateMYOBupgrad,

Beth, thanks for the information.

I'm trying to work out what your version upgrade sequence was, hoping to find a 2022.7 folder to check in that for the Huxley.Application log file.  However, there isn't a folder listed with that name.

I can't quite wokr out the AccountRight upgrade procedure and what new folders are created.

Could you look in the archives folder inside the Current folder and send a screen dump?

Thanks

Paul

IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

@PRF 

Hi Paul

Please see attached

Cheers

Beth

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@IhateMYOBupgrad,

Beth, thank you.  I really appreciate your help.

Could you send all the logs with the version numbers 2022.7 and 2022.8 in the filename please?

Thanks

Paul

IhateMYOBupgrad
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

@PRF 

Hi Paul - I've zipped them to make it easier for me but don't know if you can open that from here.  Let me know if you can't & I'll load them individually Smiley Happy

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

As a work around we are accessing the MYOB files for both our companies online in order to submit the STP reports, but am I right in saying this issue is yet to be resolved from MYOB?

Also, since the most recent upgrade 2022.9 we are users on the server are now experiencing issues emailing sales invoices through Outlook.  It seems to work for a period of time and then we get the following error:

Windows Security

Huxley.Application

connecting to xxx@buildingimpressions.com.au

We have spoken to our IT people and they have advised the following:

"The print operation through MYOB has issues and keep crashing both MYOB and Outlook applications.

As mentioned earlier, Microsoft depreciated its Basic Authentication method, I assume this might be affecting some operations on the MYOB end. As we see, it is prompting for an Admin mailbox password for email authentication.

Please lodge a case with MYOB and loop us in on the ticket. I can work with MYOB to further fix the problem."

Can someone please help??

Is this another server issue?

Regards

Lynne

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@IhateMYOBupgrad,

Beth, thank you again.  Your patience and assistance is valued.

These logs cover the period around early September 2022 to mid october 2022 aand versions 2022.7 and 2022.8 but there is no record of any errors on 21 or 22/9/22.

The only secure connection related errors are related to STP and commence on 27/9/22 with version 2022.8.

Maybe there are other Huxley.Application logs elsewhere on your system but I don't know where:-(

Thank you again.

Regards

Paul

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @The_Doc ,

Thanks for the additional information and comments.

I'd like to could find out what certificates were on the pay-event-publisher.payroll.prod.myob.com and stp.payroll.prod.myob.com web sites before 25/9/22 so I could see their issue date and compare them.

MYOB obviously decided there were problems with 2022.8 that required a prompt release of 2022.9 but what the problems are I guess we will never know.

Would you be able to upload the Huxley.Application log for your testing on Windows 11 laptop which failed STP?

Any chance of doing the same for your clients Windows 2012R2 server from around the 20-21/9/22?

I understand if you aren't able to do this or the client prefers not to disclose this information.

Thanks

Paul

RobynHDC
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

I am in this loop. I dont really understand at all if this is my issue to attend to or MYOB needs to fix something. I am still unable to submit to ATO via the payroll reporting centre.

Would someone confirm please, must I have Windows 10 or is this irrelevant? Thanks

PRF
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

@RobynHDC,

Could you tell me what your PC/Server setup is for running AccountRight v2022?

There could be more than one root cause for the STP problems people are reporting in this forum as there are some different sceanrios described and we haven't been able to work out exactly what is going on in all.  MYOB have provided some general information about the problem but haven't provided much in the way of technical details.

My understanding is their recommendation is to move to online storage of your data file and access it through a web browser by going to the relevant MYOB web site.  Hopefully someone will point out if my understanding isn't correct.

In my environment, a single PC running AccountRight with data file stored on the PC, it seems the only option for offline use (data file local and not on MYOBs internet based servers) is to try a newer version of Windows, I would recommend a minimum of Windows 10, on the PC running AccountRight.  This is pretty straightforward in a single PC environment compared to sharing the AccountRight data file on a local network fileserver.  The procedure for a fileserver environment is described in an earlier post in the forum topic.

Some people have reported this works for them.

Regards

Paul

Invenio
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

We are facing the same issue and we haven't reported to ATO for more than one month now. It looks like an issue with MYOB and they can't fix quickly enough.

We will be caught up later when reconciling our year end reporting. Not good at all.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post