Change Account in Payroll Journal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Ashley5
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change Account in Payroll Journal

In our MYOB system, the Bank Account for Cheque Payment used to link to Account A. Recently, we used Account B to pay our employees.

However, we forget to change the linked account in setup so the payroll journal appears in Account A when we do the reconciliation. And I failed to fix the account in the journal.

What would be the best way to fix the account for the payroll juornal that has already been processed and recorded? Do I need to reverse all and process it again?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Change Account in Payroll Journal

Hi @Ashley5 

If a change is required to a payroll transaction you would ideally look at deleting/reversing that payroll transaction and then recording it correctly.

Alternatively, in your case, as its only the banking side of things that are incorrect. You could look at doing a Accounts>> Transfer Money transaction to transfer the amount from the correct bank account to the incorrect bank account. What this will do is create a deposit in the incorrect bank account and a withdrawal in the correct bank account. This way when you do your reconciliations you have a withdrawal (incorrect payment) and a deposit (transfer money transaction) in the incorrect account that will balance each other out. In the correct account, you would have that withdrawal (transfer money transaction) to match what has recorded at the actual bank's end.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post