Change entitlement calculation basis

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Melindao
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Change entitlement calculation basis

Hi,

I have taken over processing of a payroll and all leave entitlements are set to calculate manually.  If I change the selection to be % based or Equals, a message pops up warning me the change will clear the amounts already entered.  does this mean their accrued leave entitlements will be reduced to zero?

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,708 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,708Posts

4,372Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Change entitlement calculation basis

Hi @Melindao

When you have an entitlement set to be User - Enter Amount per Pay period it assumes that you enter the values on the employee's standard pay. This was you don't have to enter them manually on the employee's pay each time.

If you go through and change that entitlement to a different calculation basis you will encounter a message similar to the following:

Attachment2.PNG

This is saying by changing that calculation basis it will clear amounts entered on the standard pay so it can be set to calculate on the employee's pay. Any accrued entitlement values will not change.

If you are unsure and do want to see what will happen with that change, I would be taking a backup of the file (File>>Backup). Once that backup has been completed, do make that change and see what impact it has had (i.e. on your employee's entitlement hours). If they have not had the required effect you have that backup that you can restore.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Melindao
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change entitlement calculation basis

Thanks for your response Steven. That was very helpful. The previous user had very little idea about how to setup the calculation to be percentage based and just sat there entering them manually, thinking he had to! I prefer the automated approach, minimising my processing time.  I now know I can simply change the calcuation method to percentage base without concern other unwanted changes will occur.

It's a pity MYOB is not clearer with it's warning messages, insofar as to say, it will change 'standard pay'. If a warning message is to be displayed, it needs to be clear and concise communication.

Enjoy your day

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post