Changing linked

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Adrianahelis
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Changing linked

Hi there, 

How can I change link of transaction into the card Pay Employee. Eg: Employer Expenses  I need to change some transactions regarding one Superannution to another superannunation account. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Changing linked

Hi @Adrianahelis 

To link an employee to a different superannuation category you would complete the following steps:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Payroll Categories>>Superannuation
  2. Choose the required superannuation category
  3. Select the Employee button
  4. Tick the relevant employee in the list
  5. Select OK and then OK
  6. (Optional) Open the previous employee's superannuation category, select Employee and untick that employee.

What the above process will do is set that employee up with the new relevant superannuation category to be used. By doing this it will use that new category to calculate the superannuation amount going forward.

Note: If you are wishing to change the superannuation category of an employee it is best to do it at the start of the pay month. This is to avoid doubles up/over calculating superannuation amounts as the new category will attempt to apply the full calculation basis to the current month regardless of what has been paid under a different category.

You also may find the following Help Articles of assistance with your enquiry: Changing or deleting a pay, Superannuation & Checking and adjusting superannuation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Adrianahelis
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, thank you for your consideratons. I do aprreciate it. But how can change it into the payroll Categories? Please see attached what I mean.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Adrianahelis 

I'm sorry I don't seem to follow what you are trying to indicate with your screenshots. Can you provide additional information into what you are looking at needing to achieve so we can best offer assistance with regards to that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Adrianahelis
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M,

Thanks so much for yor attention on it Smiley Happy

So we have an employee who has changed her  superannuation from Group super to Australian Super and we made this payment in relation to Qtr 1 it has been returned to our account bank and now I need to change her previous account number into mybo in order to have properly report for payment.    

So when I go to Payroll -> Pay Supernnuantion -> and when I click in her payrool category arrow (show up the screen of Pay empoyee), it is still her previous acoount payroll category. The point is, I need to change it into the Pay Employee - Employer Expenses - Superannuation account  - to her current Superannuation account.

Thanks again for your time Steven Smiley Very Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Adrianahelis 

If you are looking at changing a recorded payroll transaction you would be looking at deleting the payroll transaction, updating the necessary information (i.e. linking the correct payroll category) and then redoing that pay. Our Help Article: Changing a recorded pay would be able to assist with that process.

However, to prevent this situation from occurring in the future. Typically, you would have a superannuation category is set up to be like "Superannuation Guarantee" which would be the 9.5% superannuation category. You would then link all the relevant employees to that superannuation category regardless of their super fund. You would need to ensure that you have the correct superannuation fund for the employee set in the employee's card in the superannuation>>Super fund section. By doing this method, the employees can have their superannuation fund changed without impacting pre-existing already processed payroll transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post