Contributing Cover User
Australia
Plange
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Christmas Bonus

We run two totally separate companies through MYOB,  both with different bank accounts.

Only one of these companies has employees.

On the 21 December the boss paid two employees a Christmas bonus of $1,500.00 each.

This was paid out of the company that does not have employees in it. 

Hence, I now have the difficult task of working out how to allocate these two $1,500.00 payments in the company that has no employees made on the 21 December.

And then working out how to put two pay runs through for these payments and allowing for PAYG in the correct company, without stuffing up my bank statements.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards 

Sharon

PS. I hope I have explained this okay.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,785 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10785Posts

1210Kudos

1526Solutions

Re: Christmas Bonus

Hi @Plange

I’d be inclined to speak with your accountant about how best to handle this in your company files, to get their input as these types of situations can be a bit messy to fix up.

That said one way you could do it would be to record the payroll transactions in the correct file, and then pay the amount into the other company’s bank account. This would correct the company file with the employee’s in it, with all of the correct records.

As this would have the effect of the other company having a withdrawal and a deposit in the bank account, you could use both a Spend Money and then a Receive Money transaction to reflect the outgoing and incoming funds. That said this is probably something best discussed with your accountant

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post