Christmas period tax impact

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Christmas period tax impact

We have a fortnightly pay period and receives time sheets for casual workers.  We want to close before Christmas which means the pay period would be cut 5 days short before Christmas.  This means we will pay them for 9 days and when we get back pay for 19 days.  Because we are using fortnightly tax tables in myob the 19 day pay period results in very high tax.  Any suggestions as this is the first time we close for Christmas. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,803 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,803Posts

586Kudos

582Solutions

Re: Christmas period tax impact

Hi @Jeanette1 

Generally speaking you can manually calculate the correct amount of PAYG and overtype the amount when processing the payrun.  When it comes to tax though I do recommend that you check the correct amount to withhold with the ATO.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
2,581 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,581Posts

2,360Kudos

563Solutions

Re: Christmas period tax impact

@Jeanette1 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

I think you are over complicating it.

The simple fact is your fortnight pay period does not changes you just pay it a little early.

Also as you will be closed your staff will either be on Public Holiday Leave or Annual Holiday Leave.

Calculate the nu,ber of Holiday and Public Holidays up to and included in the fortnight and pay that amount on the day you close. Then do the same for the next fortnights pay which you pay when they return.

No need to go changing tax or anything.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post