Complaint about MYOB Support

Anne59
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Complaint about MYOB Support

I attempted to run payment summaries using AccountRight V19.2 and am not at this time using STP.

Two employees were terminated in FY2019.  On one of these employees payment summary the termination payment would not display/record the termination payment but it did on the other one.

I rang MYOB on Monday 01/07/19 twice.  1st call - after being on hold for 35mins I had to hang up and get on with my work.  2nd call - after finally talking to someone who told me "only payroll" can fix that but they have left for the day you have to call back tomorrow (this call 45mins).  I rang again today 02/07/19 and was on the phone for 1 hour 53 mins - most of the time on hold.  When I did speak to someone they were going to transfer me to the payroll department and asked me if I was in Australia or New Zealand, I replied Australia.  When I finally got the next person to speak to, they said we are in New Zealand and I have to refer to back to Australia, I then sat on hold for more than 45mins with no-one answering my call or helping me with my problem.

I find this quite regularly.  When one calls MYOB for assistance you have to select a whole range of options to get to the "right area" then once you get to speak to anyone, they either send you the wrong information and the information sent can be nothing to do the subject you have queried or transfer you to another waiting queue.  Waste of 20-30mins every time.

The new AccountRight V19.2 software is so flawed!!  To be forced to move to this product and it isn't working properly or even an improvement on previous versions is such a let down by MYOB. The product does not even allow you to do what needs to be done for EOFY.  Payment Summaries etc.  I have begun a list of problems I am having with this product which I will forward to MYOB once completed but it will probably be ignored as that is what happened with my first email I sent when the first version came out - I got no response.  I had listed a whole lot of problems I found in using the product over a week.  I then reverted back to AccountRight Plus.

MYOB reminds me of Telstra in so many ways in regards to contacting them.  They have put so many obstacles in your way that eventually you either give up and decide to try again another day or just give up totally.

Todays experience with trying to find out how to make a complaint - these are the errors I received with the "possible" solutions.

Capture 1 - Partner Resources - "System not available"

Capture 2 - Support Request - "Currently closed"

Capture 3 - MYOB Community Forum - Terms & conditions - the page is not formatted correctly, you can't even read half of the instructions.

By the way I reverted back to AccountRight Plus to produce the Payment Summaries - a product that works but is being totally ignored and will no longer be available for support or upgrades from about September this year.  What a pity MYOB didn't enhance this product and upgrade it rather then produce a product like AccountRight V19.2.  Seriously considering moving to another product provider.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
5 REPLIES 5
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Complaint about MYOB Support

Hi @Anne59 

Sorry to hear about your experience with our phone-based team.

Generally speaking, an ETP payment summary will not be produced for an employee in AccountRight 2019 and AccountRight Classic if the ETP fields on Step 7: Review the Payment Summaries for that employee are showing as $0.00.  For these situations, you do need to work backwards to identify the cause i.e. check the desired payment categories are linked to the ETP payment summary fields, check the employee has been paid via those payroll categories in the payroll year.

If the employee is not appearing in the Payment Summary process it generally indicates that either their Employment Basis set on their card is set to be Other (not Individual or Labour Hire) OR the employee has not had a pay processed in the current payroll year.

You also brought up:

• the Partner Resource location this is a location in which MYOB partners can access key pieces of information. An MYOB Partner serial number is required to be entered when prompted. If you don't have an MYOB Partner serial number then you would not be able to proceed further.
  • We did previously have an Ask a Question feature where you can lodge a direct ticket with our team.  Based on client feedback around turnaround times, the information provided and the experience this service is currently closed for the majority of users. If you do have any enquiry you are welcome to post on this Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.
  • I've raised the MYOB Community Terms and Conditions with our team. The full list can be seen on MYOB Terms and conditions - which is also available through our Forum Help.

Once again sorry to hear that you have that experience.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Anne59
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Steven, I did state that 2 employees were terminated last financial year, one of the employee's termination payment appears on their payment summary the other employee it does not appear anywhere. Both are using the same category, both are individuals.  But as I said I've been able to generate accurate payment summaries using AccountRight Plus V19 but there is a flaw in AccountRight2019 which should be rectified.

Also hearing that you're sorry to hear of my experience with MYOB is good but it doesn't help with future inquiries. I don't even know if you have forwarded this onto anyone in MYOB as an identified issue/problem and if any action is to come out of it. It would be good to know what MYOB are doing about all of the issues they have with their product and access to resources including people who should be able to help.  This is not the first time I've had problems with getting assistance and the phone system, it happens quite reguarly.  I haven't seen any improvement in this service for the past couple of years.  I try so hard not to have to ring because it is so frustrating but a lot of the time I cannot find the answer to my queries online and I have to have an answer to my problem.  

Anne

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Anne59 

So we can investigate that ETP payment summary not being produced in AccountRight 2019.2 we would need a screenshot of the Employee Payment Summary Information window for that employee. This is available by selecting the employee's name in the Payment Summary Process on Step 7: Review the Payment Summaries. With a copy of that screenshot, we can accurately we review the information and if necessary raise the situation with our product teams to investigate further.

As it does contain sensitive employee information such as tax file no, do feel free to remove that information from the screenshot or block it out prior to uploading. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Anne59
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Apologies for late response.

Attached is the Payroll Register (for proof of termination) and Payment Summary screen shots.  Going through getting the screen shots for you I noticed that there appears to be a refresh button for the termination payment.  Once I press that the termination amount appears in the field.  I did not have to do that with the other employee who was terminated in that year.

I have also attached screen shots of the window which shows that if you maximise the screen you cannot scroll down to view the termination field.

Payroll Register.PNG
Payment Summary.PNG
Minimised Window - screen scroll available.PNG
Maximised Window - screen scroll unavailable.PNG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,104 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,104Posts

4,264Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Anne59 

Great to see that screenshots of the situation. 

A green arrow next to the values in the Employee Payment Summary Information window tends to indicate that a value has been manually edited at some stage. If you do need to reset that values back to the original you can select the green arrow or select the Reset All option (top left) as you already found out. It should also be noted that if you run the Verification Report (Step 8 of the Payment Summary Assistant), a value with an asterisk has been manually adjusted.

Note: The adjustment will carry across the employee for multiple payroll years. For example: if you updated a value last payroll year (or during the current year) this setting would have carried through from the past year until the user changed it. It is also employee specific so one employee can have that adjustment while the other one doesn't.

In terms of the maximising of the Employee Payment Summary Information window, I do agree it doesn't clearly indicate that you can scroll that field as it does with the smaller style window, as such I've passed it across to the required team as a useability change. Although, I don't foresee a change in that with payroll reporting/STP being the way forward for reporting payroll information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post