Contractors Superannaution

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
jacqui10
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Contractors Superannaution

Good Afternoon,

I am currently in the process of setting up superannuation payments for our contractor.

I am after some further direction on how to pay superannuation to contractor if I am processing his invoice through purchases but need to pay superannuation.

With some notes I have read that you need to setup a employee card for the contractor so it can be processed through using the superstream or the other option was from the ATO to pay superannuation directly to the super fund. Which in this case you would use spend money to allocate funds?? but the superannuation account would not balance?? Correct??  

So what would be the better option and to comply?

And what report would you you use ?

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Contractors Superannaution

Hi @jacqui10 

If you were wanting to report the contractor’s superannuation contributions, we do recommend putting this through the Payroll section of your AccountRight. This would allow you to pay the contractors super along with any other employees.

Assuming you wanted to use a different method, I’d recommend seeking advice from your accountant as to any potential implications of any other chosen method of paying the superannuation.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Della
Partner
27 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

27Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

Is there any programming underway for contractors super payments to be directly included with SuperStream rather than having to do two entries, one for the purchase and then another for a payrun to include their super payment so it goes into SuperStream? 

Just with STP now we don't what them included etc.

Thanks

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

HI @Della 

Im not aware if any current plans to change how contractors are required to be processed in the software. That said this may potentially be something that our team consider in the future.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post