MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Crashing data

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
terikopa
3 Posts
User
Australia
terikopa

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Crashing data

I am a student currently using MYOB AccountRight as an academic tool for my studies. I am experiencing difficulties as creating fictional employee cards seems to upset the system. If I enter false TFNs (provided by my course for educational purposes) the system gives warning that this is an invalid code, and when it is time to submit the employee card an error window displays and AccountRight forces a restart. The data I entered is then lost and needed to be resubmitted. I have gone through this process repeatedly and I get the same response. What can I do to stop this?

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,646 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2646Posts

2028Kudos

383Solutions

Re: Crashing data

Hi @terikopa

When the course was developed, the version of MYOB used did not check TFN's for validity. Since Single Touch Payroll relies on accurate TFN's, current versions such as AR2018.4 may not accept an invalid TFN. This should not cause an error or system crash, MYOB should gracely warn and not allow you to OK that screen.

I have just tested with AR2018.4 and cannot replicate your invalid code message or error (AR2018.4 allows any 9 digit number as a TFN) - so wondering if there might be something else at issue. What exact version are you using - see Help About. When exactly do you get the error? Does the same thing happen when you try to add a new employee in the sample Clearwater file?

Regards

Gavin

terikopa
3 Posts
User
Australia
terikopa

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have since tried entering new data and have realised it is not the false TFN causing the system crash, but the "Electronic" payement method for these employees. All employee cards with make-believe "Electronic" banking details cause a system crash. Could you please assist on how I could get this to stop?

terikopa
3 Posts
User
Australia
terikopa

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am using AR2018.4. I get this error when trying to save all new "Employee Card" details. I have not yet tried to use the sample Clearwater file as I am uneducated on how to do so. I am just trying to replicate steps provided by my course and have run in to this error. Thank you for your help.

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
6,134 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

6134Posts

987Kudos

876Solutions

Hi @terikopa

Just adding some extra info to this thread. You can open the Clearwater sample file by following the steps on this support note: Using the sample company file (Clearwater)

Typically trying to do the same thing in a different file (like the sample file) can tell us if the error is localised to your datafile or the installation/environment.

If you could try creating a new Employee Card in Clearwater, please let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post