Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Creating bank .aba file - too many transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Karenvl
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Karenvl
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Creating bank .aba file - too many transactions

Hi, I have tried to pay a large payroll (51 employees) as one batch but MYOB won't allow me to print the cover sheet before I create the Bank .aba file.

It states too many transactions and so I have to split my payroll payments to employees in 2 lots.  Is there a way to allow MYOB to process it as one batch?

Our bank has no restrictions on the number of payments in a batch as I have been paying up to 80 transactions through our previous pay system.

I haven't attempted to raise the Bank .aba file as one lot in case it doesn't collate all the payments and then I would have to manually add them when it got to the bank.

Hoping you can help.  Karenvl

3 REPLIES 3
Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Sebastien_D
Former Staff

2784Posts

54Kudos

231Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Creating bank .aba file - too many transactions

Welcome to the Community Forum @Karenvlwe hope you find it beneficial for your MYOB queries.

Sorry to hear of the inconveniences you are experiencing with creating the .ABA file. Since the new version, the Product Development team have put a limit of transactions in the program. This is because some banks have a limit so they have gone for the lowest common denominator. At this stage they recommend 40 transactions at a time when creating a .ABA file.

We apologize if this disrupts your current daily processing and appreciate your feedback as it will be passed on to the Product Development team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Contributing Cover User Karenvl
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Karenvl
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Sebastien,

I hope the next upgrade will allow users to determine the maximum transactions they can create in a batch.  It does make it more time consuming splitting batches.

Karenvl

Former Staff Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Sebastien_D
Former Staff

2784Posts

54Kudos

231Solutions

Hey @Karenvl,

Thanks for your reply and providing more feedback.

We appreciate you taking your time to post on the forum again. I understand where you are coming from in regards to at least implementing a filter option for the maximum transactions. This would be a much more useful and practical feature when creating an .ABA file for all users.

As urged before, please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post